The Senior Analyst is a data-driven, detail-oriented role that will provide decision support to Merchandising, Marketing, Operations, Finance, and Clymb Leadership. This position is responsible for understanding, developing, monitoring, and reporting KPIs and other metrics. The job requires extensive modeling and data visualization so expect to spend a lot of time using Tableau, Excel and other Database tools. The role also requires great communication skills to get your ideas across. And you’ll have to thrive in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, endlessly changing environment.
- Actively participate in strategic decision-making process across the Merchandising, Marketing, Operations, and Finance teams by providing guidance, support, and analytics. Provide regular reports to inform business decisions.
- Maintain KPI reports and benchmarking data. Provide ad hoc analysis on corporate KPIs. Prepare and present information as necessary to key stakeholders across the company, and provide monthly project tracking of performance.
- Analyze and report on inventory levels and aging inventory.
- Data modeling.
- Update and maintain reports and dashboards. Design action-oriented reports and dashboards that permit data-driven insights and better business results.
- Respond to data requests.
- Design and run custom analytics & tests using ad-hoc Tableau reporting and possibly SQL.
- Identify and diagnose data quality issues, initiate continual process improvement efforts, enhance timeliness and accuracy of information, and improve reporting applications.
- Think creatively to assist the business in generating ideas for marketing initiatives.
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships and cross-functional relationships to provide decision support.
- Collaborate with business partners to deliver accurate and timely results, including relevant variance explanations.
- BA/BS degree or above in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or related field of study or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in financial analysis, business analytics, data modeling, or statistical analysis.
- Proficiency in performing hands-on analysis using one of the following:
- Tableau, Excel, SQL or other data analysis or data visualization tool
- Knowledge of advanced Excel functions (e.g., vlookup, pivot tables, and sumif)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with hands-on experience working with large datasets
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. A proven ability to present information to all levels of management
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven teamwork skills with the ability to handle a diverse workload with tight time frame requirements and competing resources
- Highly motivated with the ability to drive results, working on a team as well as independently.
- Bias towards finding solutions vs. shutting down ideas
- Can relate to The Clymb's products and the Northwest outdoor lifestyle
- Is driven to meet The Clymb’s Core Values of Growth, Excellence, Authenticity, and Respect
The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.