We’re seeking a Merchandise Planner in our Portland, OR headquarters office. The Planner is key in supporting and executing strategies that maximize sales and margin. This position works with key stakeholders across marketing, merchandising, ops and tech, forecasting at multiple levels as well as inventory management. The planner will use data and analysis to identify and react to current and future business trends and opportunities. Work with Merchants to recommend event planning/ scheduling based on historical performance, marketing strategies and current sales performance.
- Responsible for division’s bottom-up demand forecast by subclass. Monitor monthly for execution and re-forecasting. Work with Planning Manager to ensure that bottoms-up plans align with total company objectives and priorities.
- Partner with Planning Manager to develop and track category sales plan and margin goals weekly, monthly and annually
- Manage division’s Open to Buy. Partner with buyers to plan inventory levels and purchase strategies within division.
- Drive product lifecycle sales and profitability within division. Collaborate with stakeholders on inventory & markdown management.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional team members and Merchandising to ensure optimal planning of inventory to be purchased and merchandised
- Responsible for ad-hoc analysis and project work related to merchandise planning and execution.
- Evolve sustainable and scalable planning tools, processes, and reporting, and streamline these best practices to ensure consistency throughout the department.
- The preferred candidate will have a bachelor degree in business, logistics or related field.
- 3-4 years inventory planning experience in an online retail environment
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well with cross-functional team members
- Flexible with demonstrated propensity for initiative
- Detail oriented and accurate with excellent follow through, while working in a fast paced environment
- Able to manage multiple competing tasks and meet deadlines
- High degree of judgment and independent thinking required
- Excellent computer skills in Excel spreadsheet design and input, proficiency in Word required
The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. We work hard so we can play hard and we use the gear we sell. If you're as passionate about innovation as you are the outdoors, come join us at our Portland, OR headquarters. Good Things Come to Those Who Clymb™
- Attach your résumé.
- Tell us why you belong here.
- Provide three professional references - include in the cover letter.
- Provide salary history from three most recent jobs - include in the cover letter.