Director of Data Engineering
Headquartered in the modern, progressive Pearl District of Portland, OR, The Clymb is a private retail community - connecting premium outdoor brands with passionate, influential end-users. A dedication to innovation, customer service and brand stewardship have helped us become the fastest growing e-tailer in the outdoor industry. Our dedication to The Clymb’s core values of Growth, Excellence, Authenticity, and Respect are what move us. We never compromise on quality and integrity. The space in which we do business is as important to us as the space in which we play. Our company culture is built on passion and perseverance. We have been ranked as one of Outside Magazines top 50 Best Places to Work, and we provide a unique employee experience. Every benefit and perk we offer is designed around providing our employees with an experience that connects them more tangibly to their passions while providing tools and resources for both personal and professional growth and development.
We’re seeking someone that can take our Business Intelligence to the next level.
This is a key role in planning and executing strategies that improve the consumer experience, heighten our technology, and drive incremental sales. This position works with key stakeholders across engineering, operations, marketing, and merchandising to ensure systems and processes are in place to allow Clymb members to have a best-in-class shopping. The Director of Data Engineering will use data and analysis to identify and react to current and future business trends and opportunities. You should have just the right balance between vision and execution, as well as both technical and creative skills.
* Plan, organize and execute on data warehousing strategy and implementation
* Responsible for hiring/firing of data engineering staff
* Collaborate with analytics team to define data requirements necessary for communication via dashboards and other materials
* Collaborate with key leaders in the business to communicate development roadmap
* Define projects, set priority and be responsible for project completion deadlines
* Participate in the development and execution of the ETL process
* Oversee maintenance and tuning of BI specific databases
* Support BI specific hardware and software
Proficient in MySql
Proficient in PostGreSQL
Proficient in creation of Data Warehouses, including deep architectural experience in the creation of Data Cubes, Data Warehouses, and Star-Schemas
Familiarity with Tableau or equivalent technology preferred
Experience with Rails, Pivotal Tracker, Campfire, Git