Content is the bread and butter of the ShopStyle experience. Our international portfolio of hundreds of retailers and thousands of big label fashion products makes shopping for the hottest products and the best deals in fashion a breeze... and it takes sharp, motivated, and innovative people to make the experience a reality. The ShopStyle Content Engineering Team seeks a strong engineer to help us reach, and surpass, our goals.
You are very focused and detail oriented. You are curious. You enjoy finding solutions for challenging problems. You possess UNIX scripting skills. You know databases and text processing. We're a startup, so you're a self-starter, you're a quick study, and you understand the value of sharing your knowledge. Your top-notch communication skills will be indispensable working with a tight, dynamic and diverse engineering and marketing team. And your work will have impact.
- Refine existing product categorization rules and define new rules as necessary
- Monitor existing continuous content acquisition process, report and triage issues, and review/verify fixes as necessary
- Define and measure quality metrics for new and existing data integration projects
- Contribute to existing content acquisition codebase
- Document and test all work
- Develop automated test tools and processes for continuous content acquisition for a large retail product database
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with perl and Bash. Experience with Python, Ruby, and other languages is a big plus. Knowing when to use the right tool for the job is a must
- Experience working with XML, including schema/DTD development and XSL transformation techniques, SAX and DOM parsers, etc
- SQL skills (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLServer)
- UNIX skills, and the ability to work closely with systems administrators
- Experience with bug tracking system (Assembla).
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of source control (Subversion, git, Perforce) strategy and application
- Previous experience with web crawling and business-to-business data integration
- A love of learning new things, and passion for giving our users the best possible experience
- Fluency in French, German, or Japanese is a huge plus