ShopStyle is the leader in online shopping and content is the bread and butter of the ShopStyle experience. Our international portfolio of hundreds of retailers and hundreds of thousands of big label fashion products makes shopping for the hottest products and the best deals in fashion a breeze... and it takes sharp, motivated, and innovative people to make the experience a reality. The ShopStyle Content Engineering Team seeks a strong engineer to help us keep the ShopStyle catalog the highest quality.
We're a small team, so we need someone who is a self-starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility and pride in their work. And we want someone who enjoys interacting with a diverse, dynamic engineering and marketing team, knowing every day that their work will have an impact on the growth and success of ShopStyle.
- Refine existing product categorization rules and define new rules as necessary
- Take charge of retailer on-boarding process onto Shopstyle
- Monitor the product data quality of Shopstyle, report and triage issues, and review/verify fixes
- Work closely with the Business Development team, and prioritize tasks to meet the business needs
- Document and test all work
- Experience with XML and SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLServer)
- Experience with Scripting Language (Perl and bash preferred)
- UNIX skills, and the ability to work closely with systems administrators
- Experience with bug tracking system (i.e. Assembla)
- Experience with source control (i.e. Git, Subversion)
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in German or French is a huge plus!!
- No German or French? Feel free to outline other language as we are expanding into a lot of new markets
- Previous experience with web crawling and business-to-business data integration
We are headquartered in downtown San Francisco.