Open Source Intelligence Analyst – USAFRICOM
(Contingent upon award of contract (Sep2013))
The Joint Special Operations Task Force Trans Sahara (JSOTF-TS), in support of Operation Enduring Freedom Trans Sahara (OEF-TS), conducts operations in Sub Sahara Africa in order to develop Partner Nations’ ability to conduct Counterterrorism Operations. In order to fulfill JSOTF-TS mission requirements, Streamline Defense is accepting resumes for Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) Analysts with a Secret clearance who are able to operate in multiple capacities to include: supporting the Liaison (LNO) Program or Joint Planning and Assistance Team (JPAT), providing language support to short term Special Operations Forces (SOF) deployments (60 Days), Joint Combined Exchange Training (JCET), Bilateral Training (BILAT), Medical Capabilities (MEDCAP), Humanitarian Assistance (HA), Open Source Intelligence Analysis Support, and Information Operations campaign support while deployed to JSOTF-TS Area of Responsibility (defined as Algeria, Tunisia, Mali, Mauritania, Senegal, Morocco, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria, and Chad). Candidates will utilize the following media to conduct collection; print, internet (excluding JIHADIST websites), radio, television and local populace. Analysts will also conduct language interpretation during priority U.S. engagements with Partner Nations. OSINT will be transmitted to JSOTF-TS J2 Staff for final processing and exploitation. Analyst will work within a US Embassy environment while in Africa. The analyst may travel with JSOTF-TS tactical units to provide immediate force protection assistance through knowledge of local language and culture.
• Must speak and read English and French at level 3 as per Interagency Language Roundtable Skill Level Descriptions For Interpretation Performance.
• Must speak and read either Hasanya Arabic or Maghrebi Arabic at a 3 level as per Interagency Language Roundtable Skill Level Descriptions For Interpretation Performance.
• Analyst must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google earth.
• Must have or be eligible for a US DOD Secret clearance (requires US Citizenship).
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 4 years of specialized experience; OR 8 years of specialized experience.
• Must have a minimum of three years of operational experience supporting Special Operations Forces (SOF) and/or OGA Counter Terrorism Operations.
• At least 3 years of experience translating documents, conversations and media into English.
• At least 3 years of experience interpreting during meetings, training, and special operations.
• At least two years of experience working on the continent of Africa in target areas.
• At least 3 years of experience in supporting tactical and operational environments.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience writing reports/ information papers to support OSINT collection.
• Personnel shall be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite as these tools are needed in support of tasks associated with the JSOTF-TS.
• Personnel are required to generate comprehensive written products in English resulting from analysis of interpretation and translation (reports, summaries, memos, briefings, etc.) requirements including extensive research on unclassified systems to acquire data; and preparing intelligence updates to support OEF-TS.
• Must be capable of providing both translation and interpretation to Military Information Support Teams, Civil Military Support Teams, Joint Planning and Assistance Team, Special Operations Command and Control Element, Key Leader Engagements, and MEDCAP/VETCAP operations.
Streamline Defense offers perspective employees an unmatched opportunity to grow and learn in an exciting and entrepreneurial environment. Highly motivated individuals will find a culture that values their individual input and compensates them well for their efforts. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.streamlinedefense.com to learn more!