As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will own the quality and reliability of Spreecast's social video broadcast platform. You will work closely with Engineering and Product Management to ensure the delivery of releases of the highest quality. Test planning and test cases should be a natural second language for you. This position will require highly creative thinking and great communication skills where you'll be expected to vet and triage defects from a variety of cross-departmental sources. We are a fast moving Agile shop, and you will also be looked upon for suggestions on improving processes and tools.
● Own the quality of all areas of Spreecast’s ever-expanding suite of features across all web and mobile platforms.
● Create and update test plans and test cases to live within the Agile process at Spreecast for multi-browser multi-platform system-wide testing.
● Find, document, and bring to closure issues that are found for each release cycle.
● Triage and investigate defects reported outside of QA.
● Mentor staff who are unfamiliar with QA and testing.
● Within a feature team, become the quality leader who the developers and product managers will look to from product/feature inception to release and support.
● Maintain and execute an ever-growing library of regression tests.
● Find more efficient ways to improve testing time and coverage through processes and/or tools.
● Plan, execute, and improve release management.
● 1 -3 years of web-testing experience with increasing responsibilities.
● Adept at writing test plans and test cases for end-to-end testing and full-stack testing.
● Adept at using both Windows and Mac web environments as well as iOS and Android mobile environments.
● Highly creative and out-of-the box thinking when bug hunting and developing test scenarios.
● Ability to use one or more test tools.
● Data and metric-driven with regards to quality and test coverage.
● Previous experience with FogBugz or any other issues tracking software (e.g. Bugzilla, Gnats, Jira, etc.)
● A team player with great communication skills who's not afraid to push a quality issue through to closure.
Nice to Have:
● A bachelor's degree from a highly quantitative field: computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics, etc.
● Test automation experience.
● Previous programming experience in either Java, Ruby, Perl, or Python.