Spongecell is leading the creative resurgence of online display advertising by combining speed, innovation and advanced engineering to transform standard banner ads into rich-media-like interactive ads that can run on any ad placement on the web. We work with creative and media agencies to produce and serve thousands of engaging campaigns across billions of impressions for global brand advertisers every year. Spongecell is an independent company that was founded in 2006 with its headquarters in New York and offices throughout the United States and Europe. The company placed #76 on the 2011 Inc 500 list with a three-year revenue growth-rate of +3,064 percent.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate has a passion for the space and is looking for an opportunity to break into the advertising world. They are eager to learn all that they can and are ready to pay their dues. They are energetic, very organized and can prioritize and multitask in our fast paced environment. They would be bored if that weren't the case! They are polished, well spoken and know how to get things done.
The Office Manager Role:
This is an entry level position and a great foot in the door. Our Office Manager is the organizational head of the NYC office, with responsibilities including:
What you bring:
What we bring:
If you fit all the requirements listed in this posting, send us your salary requirements and a copy of your resume. Wait, there is more. We are a small, focused team and want to limit our attention to the right candidates. In addition to meeting the job requirements, please also tell us why you are right for Spongecell in a brief cover letter. Please also send your responses to the questions below.
1. An Account Executive consistently asks you for help on a campaign even though it's not necessarily part of your job description. Your to-do list today is overflowing when the Account Executive asks you for another favor. How do you respond?
2. The CEO has a lunch meeting today but you realize 30 minutes beforehand that you had actually told some of the other participants that the meeting was the following week. What steps do you take to correct your mistake?
3. Name a song that would be on the soundtrack of your life.
4. What specifically interests you about the digital and/or advertising space?
5. We like our team members to have a sense of humor. Tell me a joke that never fails to crack a smile!
6. The VP of Sales asks you to help book his trip to Europe. What are the first steps you take and what tools do you use?
7. Describe a project you have completed in a past position where the entire office was affected. How did it turn out? What would you have done differently?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and work in compliance with the ADA. You must be eligible to work in the US. We look forward to hearing from you!