Do you think about talking to self-storage owners when you’re in the shower, car, and on the the elliptical machine? Do you dream about ways to help them fill up their vacant inventory? Don’t lie… there’s no way you do. But, if think you just might, (and you want to work for an awesome tech startup while you do) this might be the job for you.
SpareFoot is looking for a Support & Implementation Specialist who will be responsible for onboarding new accounts on SpareFoot products and replying to client support inquiries by email and phone. Get ready to be the master of all things SpareFoot as you answer questions and help storage owners get the most out of their membership.
**Please include a brief cover letter describing why you would be a good fit for this role – specifically, tell us why you would like to work for SpareFoot in this position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.**
- SpareFoot operates a network of websites that help consumers comparison-shop for self-storage facilities (like Hotels.com for self-storage). Our top sites include www.sparefoot.com, www.selfstorage.com, and www.selfstoragedeals.com.
- Millions of consumers use SpareFoot each year to find storage at more than 5,000 storage facilities across the US.
- We’re funded by top investors (Silverton Partners & Floodgate), have an awesome team, and revenue is growing FAST.
- We’re already transforming the $22 billion self-storage industry, and we’re only just getting started!
Assist SpareFoot clients who need help with their account. Tasks include:
- Manage and respond to support cases (originating by e-mail and phone) using SalesForce
- Proactively reach out to clients who appear to need assistance
- Make changes to account settings and preferences upon client request
- Help to manage and maintain our online knowledge base
- Time manage & multi-task! A typical day will involve the implementation of several new storage facilities, a ringing phone, and email support cases to handle. You'll need to handle everything expediently, and you'll need to know the status of each task.
- Plan and run weekly webinars for existing SpareFoot clients
- SpareFoot support hours are 8 AM to 8 PM Monday - Friday, and 12 PM to 5 PM on Saturday. Your hours will vary (some early shifts, some late shifts, some Saturdays)
The person chosen for this position must develop master knowledge of all SpareFoot products and systems, and ensure that client concerns are treated with the utmost respect and importance. SpareFoot's systems are changing all the time, and you'll be responsible for keeping your knowledge current and documenting these changes in our knowledge base for future employees.
- College grad
- Strong tech & computer skills - you'll need to both understand all of our systems and be able to explain these systems to our clients
- Communicate very well by phone - you'll be speaking with our newest clients, some of whom are more tech-savvy than others
- Work together as a team to grow the company and the abilities of each team member
- Preferred: Experience with Google Places, Google Apps, and SalesForce
- Preferred: Experience working in a high volume support environment
- A ridiculously cool work place – we love our office (a full floor) in downtown Austin
- Downtown parking pass
- Unlimited beer and other beverages
- More free snacks than you've ever seen before (we currently consume 3lbs of pistachios per day)
- Catered lunch once per week
- A highly casual and not always politically correct workplace (if you’re easily offended, please don’t apply)
- Shuffleboard and foosball in our office
- Work hard & play hard culture with frequent company social events (and cab vouchers to get home safely from those events)