SoundHound delights millions of users every day with its famously fast music and voice recognition apps, and is winning awards and praise along the way.
At SoundHound you'll be joining a diverse, world-class group of engineers, scientists, designers, and marketers on a team that includes both recent grads and seasoned veterans. Our strongest academic ties are with Stanford, and prior industry stops for our team members include Google, Amazon, Oracle, and Sony.
We value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and regular happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and even occasional visits from world-renouned recording artists (most recently Seal). SoundHound is an equal opportunity employer.
• You're passionate about analyzing large datasets in non-trivial ways, and providing tools or plots that help people think about things in a new or better way.
• You love interacting with both people and code, allowing you to balance infrastructure development with impromptu urgent requests for mission-critical strategic analysis.
• You are, first and foremost, a hands-on software engineer who loves coding.
• Rapidly grasp and take ownership of existing logging/metrics infrastructure.
• Identify key scaling pain points and architect/implement solutions, allowing metrics systems to keep up with the explosive growth of our user base.
• Provide timely data and analysis, shaping product, marketing, and business strategies.
• Build out internal metrics dashboards and enable generation of invoicing/licensing reports.
• Periodically perform analysis tasks to help us evaluate data from potential partners.
• Strong coding skills in PHP, Java, and/or other relevant languages
• Strong command of SQL, schema design, and data warehousing
• Proficient with shell scripting, and highly comfortable on Unix/Linux environment
• Proficient with data modeling tools and techniques
• Experience working with very large datasets
• Comfortable with high levels of responsibility in a fast-paced team environment
Nice to haves:
• Experience setting up / maintaining web-based metrics dashboards
• Experience designing metrics database schemas and architectures
• Expertise with LAMP stack and other common server-side technologies
• Familiarity with approaches to real-time metrics reporting
• Familiarity with MapReduce and Hadoop
• Prior exposure to mobile app development and HTTP-based API's
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.