Senior QA Engineer – Digital Services – San Francisco
SolutionSet was formed as an answer to what was missing in the market: A firm that is technical enough to implement complex software systems, yet creative enough to make the systems beautiful and easy to use. We are a unique service provider that combines user-centered creative and leading-edge technology to deliver the next new thinking in web development, digital marketing, and brand experience. We have 400 people in six offices across North America, working together to change consumer behavior and drive transactions for our clients.
SolutionSet’s Digital Services group is the leader in delivering online experiences to a wide range of clients, including Fortune 30 companies, startups, and non-profit organizations. Clients include Cisco, eBay, Dell, Google, Adidas, American Express, and others. SolutionSet delivers cutting edge solutions that serve our client’s needs. You will be working hand in hand with talented individuals on significant technology projects every day.
Quality Assurance at SolutionSet requires a solid grounding in web technologies, the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects, and excellent teamwork skills. You will be in a prominent role where you play a lead testing role, manage testing efforts, and work directly with software engineers and project managers.
• Prominent testing role for web and mobile implementations
• Write test plans and cases to ensure that requirements have been successfully satisfied
• Execute test cases in an organized, systematic way
• Report test results clearly and as per agreement
• Thoroughly document defects and enter them into a defect tracking system
• Track defects through to resolution
• Gather and maintain test data from appropriate sources within the client’s business
• Manage QA external and internal QA resources & triage test case execution with offshore team
• Write testing strategy documents to compliment business requirements
• Work with Project Manager staff to align timeline/resources
• Bachelors or Master’s degree from a 4 year university. Computer Science or technical degree is preferred.
• Experience and knowledge of all major web browsers and their inherent differences/limitations
• Experience/Knowledge of QA processes as it relates to software development
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience with standard Development and QA tools. (JIRA, Quality Center, Firebug, Fiddler, etc…)
• Experience managing quality through multiple environments include DEV, QA, End-user/Client Acceptance, to Production
• Desire and ability to learn quickly, take professional risks, and operate in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
• Professional experience at a large consulting firm, professional services agency, an enterprise software firm, or a multi-platform ecommerce product.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
SolutionSet is an Equal Opportunity Employer