Slate is seeking a talented and dynamic Advertising Operations Account Manager to join our team in New York. The Ad Operations Account Manager will be responsible for all aspects of digital ad campaign management. The ideal candidate has proven experience with ad product creation, ad trafficking, reporting, and creative troubleshooting. In addition, the ideal candidate for this growth potential role is career-driven and eager to join a sharp Ad Ops team.
- Meet all contractual requirements for advertising campaigns running on The Slate Group properties (Slate.com and TheRoot.com) with a high degree of accuracy.
- Acts as liaison and main point of contact between advertisers and internal departments at The Slate Group (Accounting, Editorial, Design and Technical Production) to ensure that all client needs are met with the highest level of customer service.
- Traffic various types of ad products and technologies via ad server (DFP), ensuring that both client and The Slate Group specifications are met.
- Translating sales strategy into tactical implementation. Testing, implementing, and providing QA on new in-house and 3rd party rich media advertising products and providing critical troubleshooting on major campaign launches.
- Project manage the launch of new custom and native units to ensure technical campaign and revenue goals will be met.
- Learn the process and support any new coding and development needs to facilitate ad initiatives - including display, video, widgets, newsletters, mobile, etc.
- Analyze ad campaign delivery reports through the duration of each campaign and provide recommendations to Sales Representatives and clients for the optimization of poorly performing ad placements.
- Implement business reviews throughout client campaign and address preset metrics for success. Assist in monthly billing, reconciliation, and other financial reporting.
- Actively work towards retaining client base.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience with DoubleClick, Atlas, Pointroll, BrightRoll, OAS, Eyewonder, Eyeblaster, other ad-serving vendors a plus.
- Prior knowledge of debugging tools such as Fiddler or Charles a plus.
- Experience with DSM or similar contract management system.
- Experience managing vendors and projects
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate between all levels of management
- Must learn quickly and be able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- Organized and detail orientated with strong critical thinking skills
- Must exhibit a good work ethic and thrive in a team environment
- Experience analyzing Excel data and systems administration
- Solid understanding of digital advertising concepts and terms.
- Health benefits, 401(k), pension, tech device reimbursement
- Having smart, social colleagues that make it fun to come into work everyday
Slate is the thought leader media brand for the digital age, offering the smartest conversation on the web about news, politics, business, technology and culture, reaching 20 million top decision makers and cultural tastemakers. We’re a tight knit group of some of the smartest technologists, writers, marketers, and thinkers on the planet, all pulling in the same direction. As part of Graham Holdings Company, Slate is innovative, nimble and entrepreneurial; however, we have the support of a large, well run, respected organization.