Software Quality Assurance Engineer
IT | Chicago, Illinois
Sittercity is the leading online child care solution, connecting families nationwide with babysitters and nannies who meet their unique needs. Our team is diverse, innovative, and energetic. And we’re growing quickly! If you love a good challenge and want to put your skills to work with a company that makes a difference in families’ lives, then Sittercity is the place for you.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer you will test existing and new features from end-to-end through a wide variety of manual and automated testing procedures. You should enjoy working closely in a team, in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
• Support existing quality standards and testing efforts to ensure a top-notch experience for our users. You are a quality advocate, not only for the new feature you are testing but for the product as a whole.
• Broad understanding of customer and user behavior. With this understanding you will write and run a combination of automated Cucumber, Selenium, and manual acceptance tests to verify new features, track down defects, and streamline the testing and release processes.
• Manual test web and mobile products across multiple platforms.
• Understand business requirements and translates them to Agile stories and tests.
• Work closely with the product and development teams to deliver innovative products in a fast-paced, agile environment.
• Actively participate in planning meetings, daily scrums, and retrospectives.
• Identify and communicate challenges encountered in the development and test process, and recommends changes.
• Investigate, analyze, and document bugs and test cases, as well as develop internal documentation.
• College degree preferred although 2 years of demonstrated work experience in Q/A is acceptable.
• Passion about finding and squashing bugs and producing quality products.
• Good communication skills – you be will working closely with the product, development team as well as other QA team members when reporting, diagnosing and testing issues and new features.
• Cross-browser testing in cloud-based environments.
• Agile background with short iteration experience.
• Experience with MySQL, Linux, PHP or Ruby on Rails environments. NoSQL experience is a plus.
• Familiarity with automation tools such as Cucumber, Watir, Selenium and Ruby is a plus.
• Testing of native and web based mobile applications.
• Comfort using OSX and Windows side-by-side.
• Experience working in a Continuous Integration/Delivery environment is preferred.
Culture & Perks
• Innovative, supportive, interested in you
• Casual and fun environment
• Great benefits package: Health, dental, vision, disability, life, 401(k)
• Competitive time off policies
• Paid attendance to developer conferences
• Work at home every Friday
• Food, healthy snacks throughout the day
• Ping pong, yoga, pilates and on-site fitness center
• Company events, social outings, volunteer opportunities
• 2014 Recipient of Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award from the Alliance for Work-Life Progress
• Much more
Sittercity is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and conducts background checks on all employees.