Senior Help Desk Technician | Chicago, Illinois
We are Sittercity, a high growth, fast-paced and dynamic web company founded in 2001. With over 2 million members nationwide, Sittercity connects families with pre-screened caregivers by providing detailed profiles with photos, parent reviews, background checks, up-to-date availability, references and caregiving experience. In fact, every 30 seconds Sittercity connects a family with the local caregiver that meets their unique needs.
Our Senior Help Desk Technician has the responsibility to support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, peripherals and servers. The Senior Help Desk Technician provides a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s micro computer environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. He/she will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required via desk side, phone, email and remote support. Our Senior Help Desk Technician will be responsible for growing our in-house IT function along with our business.
Desktop Support / Office Equipment
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security.
- Performs hardware/software installations, updates, installs, configurations, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Ensures desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Provides diagnostic assistance.
- On boards and off boards employee computers and peripheral equipment.
- Answers to and performs moves, adds and changes as requested.
- Assists users by fixing issues on their workstations both locally and remotely.
- Manages regular server and data backup processes.
- Provides daily and weekly reports on ticket status and project updates as required.
- Contacts vendors as approved by immediate manager for support, warranty repairs, quotes.
- Develops and maintains an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners and other peripheral equipment.
- Serves as central point of contact for all in-house printers and copiers.
- Supports all VPN needs and requirements.
- Administers both BroadSmart, ShoreTel IP and Polycom telephone systems.
- Installs, troubleshoots and maintains VoIP system.
- Administers all internal wired and wireless networks.
- Works with ISP's to ensure 24x7 connectivity.
- Handles internal DNS updates.
Policy Definition and Compliance
- Responsible for defining and maintaining all information security policies, disaster recovery plans, intrusion detection systems, data encryption and antivirus/malware management.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree required with 3 to 6 years of help desk experience or Bachelor’s degree in an information technology related field.
- Demonstrated experience of Cisco Switches, Routers and Firewalls installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Good attention to detail; follow-up and budgeting skills.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service and positive attitude to all staff members. Must be discreet and confidential.
- An openness and willingness to improve and change – at every level of the organization.
- Ecommerce background or experience a plus. Proficient in both Windows and Apple OS X operating systems.
- Ability to build user machines to specifications, with the knowledge of building OS images a plus.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds, bend down, pull cables and maneuver under desks for IT support of equipment.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision.
Sittercity operates in a casual and fun environment in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Perks include weekly on-site fitness classes, unlimited healthy snacks, weekly team lunches and quarterly outings. In addition, we offer a very competitive benefits package include Health, Dental, Short/Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) and three weeks of paid time off to start.
Sittercity is a Recipient of the 2013 Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award from the Alliance for Work-Life Progress.
Sittercity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participants in E-Verify and background checks all employees.