Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—get this—smart and fun. We are on the hunt for graduate students and professionals who know there is a better way to learn. Our current need is for a Project-Based Math and Science Content Writer for the ACT. You would help write test prep (explaining concepts and strategies) as well as practice questions and exams.
Work with an exciting and growing company doing what you love. We are looking for writers who are passionate about their subjects, are well-informed about current events and pop culture, and have a good sense of humor.
- Strong knowledge and skills in math and/or science test prep
- Experience taking the ACT
- Experience and comfort with writing for a non-academic audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for, and understanding of, high school and college math and/or science
Flexible hours and location (work from home), paid per completed writing project.
When you are finally ready to change learning forever, send us your cover letter (include your ACT score), resume, and unofficial transcripts. A writing sample will be required.