Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and smart. Really smart.
To help carry out Shmoop’s (mostly benign) plans for world domination, we’re looking for talented teacher-writer combos who love all things economics-related. Are you all about supply and demand, international trade, and the U.S. labor market? Then this is the gig for you. You will be writing engaging Economics curriculum and teaching materials for students in high school.
- Writing engaging lessons—including lectures, activities, and exams—for online publication
- Creating user-friendly teacher guides to accompany your curriculum
- Surfing the Internet for hilarious yet informative economics content
- Experiencing teaching Economics (bonus points if it was in California)
- B.A/B.S. with strong academic performance (GPA 3.6+)
- Familiarity with writing for high school audiences and ability to express economic concepts in an engaging and approachable way
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Competency in Microsoft Word
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including a great sense of humor
Our offices are located in Mountain View, California, but you can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want). This is a freelance writing position, and you’ll be paid per completed project.
Send us your wittiest cover letter and a résumé; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. A topic-specific writing sample will be required.