Change the face of education. Help students fall in love with the world around them. Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart.
If you’re harboring a secret love for the Universal Spider or can spot a first-past-the-post election at fifty paces, look no further. To help carry out Shmoop’s mostly benign plans for world domination, we’re looking for talented Project-Based Content Writers with a passion for history and the social sciences.
- Creating exceptional history and social science test prep content for online publication
- Writing learning guides and appropriately difficult practice problems
- Surfing the Internet for hilarious yet informative history-related content
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in history, political science, or related areas with strong academic performance (GPA 3.7+)
- Proficiency in U.S. history, world history, or comparative politics
- Experience teaching or tutoring
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Competency in Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with writing for non-academic audiences
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including a brainy sense of humor
Our offices are located in Mountain View, California, but you can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want). The position is part-time, and you’ll be paid per completed project.
Send us your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. A topic-specific writing sample will be required.