Change the face of education. Help students fall in love with the world around them. Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are - dare we say it - awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettabe, and...smart. Really smart.
Due to the mind-blowing success of our literature and history guides, Shmoop is expanding into math and science. To help carry out our (mostly benign) plans for world domination, we’re looking for talented Master's and Ph.D.s in biology or biochemistry (students welcome) who love to write their socks off.
You are a highly motivated individual who yearns to join our team as a biology writer. You should be passionate about chromatin packaging, well-informed about current events and pop culture, and interested in cultivating a garden of erudite humor. A fondness for Bill Nye the Science Guy gets you major bonus points.
- Writing exceptional biology content for online publication
- Writing multiple-choice and free-response biology study questions
- Using the Internet to find science images that represent your content
- Sketching images that you'd like Shmoop to reproduce
- Surfing the Internet for hilarious biology content
- Biology M.S. or Ph.D. graduate (current students welcome) with a strong academic performance (GPA 3.7+)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in field of expertise
- Experience teaching or tutoring
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- A brainy sense of humor that is adaptable to all subjects under your umbrella ella ella...eh eh eh?
Send us your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. A writing sample will be required.
This is a part-time, work-from-home position. Writers are paid per completed project.