Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart.
If you have the fastest mousing skills in the West (or, uh, anywhere) and love formatting a webpage to perfection, look no further. To help carry out Shmoop’s mostly benign plans for world domination, we’re looking for enthusiastic and detail-oriented individuals for part-time data entry.
- Rapidly entering text from Word or LaTeX documents into an HTML webtool
- Formatting and inserting URLs
- Inserting images using an ID catalog and an image database
- Formatting HTML
- Performing quality assurance
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, systematic, and accurate
- Familiar with HTML (CSS is a plus)
- Able to quickly copy/paste and insert text, URL links, and images
- Proficient in the use of different document processors, especially LaTeX and Word
- Knowledgeable about image formatting and manipulation (EPS, TIFF, PDF, JPEG, PNG)
Local candidates only; our offices are located in Mountain View, California. Once competency is established, you can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want).
The position is part-time with hourly compensation. Send us your cover letter and resume; we’ll be waiting with bated breath.