Change the face of education. Help students fall in love with the world around them. Obsess over grammar. Debate passionately. And, of course, consume your weight in Peanut Butter M&Ms.
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart.
If you’re harboring a secret love for the subjunctive en español, accent graves (accents grave?), or Japanese curry bread, look no further. Due to the mind-blowing success of our test prep products, Shmoop is expanding into foreign language learning guides. To help carry out our mostly benign plans for world domination, we’re looking for a talented recent graduate who wants to gain experience in the e-learning industry.
Your primary role will be to edit and produce foreign language content for Shmoop.
- Editing, revising, and producing foreign language content for online publication
- Collaborating and communicating with team members in all departments
- Meeting multiple tight deadlines
- Recent graduate with strong academic performance (GPA 3.7+)
- Proficiency in two or more foreign languages (including but not limited to French, Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean)
- Experience teaching or tutoring
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- A brainy sense of humor that is adaptable to all subjects under your umbrella ella ella...eh eh eh?
Send us your cover letter and resume; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. A transcript and a writing sample will be required.
This is a part-time position with potential for full-time work. Our offices are located in Mountain View, California. Local candidates preferred.