Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and...smart. Really smart.
To help carry out Shmoop’s (mostly benign) plans for world domination, we’re looking for talented Project-Based Content Writers who froth over Fed announcements, go gaga for game theory, and salivate at supply and demand. You will be writing economics content for high schoolers studying macroeconomics and microeconomics.
- Writing exceptional test prep content (explanations, questions, and answers) for online publication
- Reviewing existing products to meet Shmoop standards of accuracy and general awesomeness
- Surfing the Internet for hilarious yet informative economics content
- Master’s or Ph.D. in economics or a closely related subject, with strong academic performance. Current graduate students will also be considered. (GPA 3.7+)
- Knowledge of basic and advanced economics concepts
- Familiarity with writing for non-academic audiences and ability to express concepts in an engaging and approachable way
- An eye for detail and a knack for organization
- Competency in Microsoft Word
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including a good sense of humor
Our offices are located in Mountain View, California, but you can work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want). The position is part-time, and you’ll be paid per completed project.
Send us your wittiest cover letter and resume; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. If we think you're a good fit, we will request a topic-specific writing sample and academic transcript.