Location: work from home
We're currently seeking experienced PHP/LAMP engineers who have tackled the challenges that come along with building, deploying and operating large sites that cannot fail. Ideally you’ve had exposure to a variety of high- and low-level tools and technologies, with recent deep experience in object-oriented PHP5 running on top of a replicated, transactional MySQL environment. And while you needn’t be a Linux kernel wizard, you should have a pretty solid mastery and be able to work magic with the command line when you need to. This position is focused on our customers' success, identifying the root cause of their problems, and helping to build automated solutions.
Desired Skills & Experience
- HTML5 and CSS
- Relational Databases (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle)
- Source control systems (git, svn)
- Writing Backbone or Ember.js applications
- Writing and using RESTful APIs
- Writing unit tests and preferring Test-Driven Development
- Working in Agile methodology, pair programming environments
- Working in continuous integration environments
- Building and deploying large scale sites
If you have a shared repository to some of your coding projects on github or Bitbucket, we'd love to see what you've been able to accomplish in the past!
Shipwire (www.shipwire.com) is based in Palo Alto and funded by eBay & Newell Rubbermaid. We ship millions of orders around the globe from a network of 7 warehouses in the U.S., Canada, Europe, & Asia. It's an incredibly exciting time for our organization. We're accelerating the development of our platform’s enterprise features and reaching deeper into global markets. We at Shipwire draw inspiration from the entrepreneurship of our customers and take pride in helping our customers contribute directly to the global economy.