Senior Manager, Pricing & Carrier Services
Palo Alto, CA | Operations
TITLE: Senior Manager, Pricing & Carrier Services
DURATION: Permanent Employee
LOCATION: Palo Alto, CA (right next to Caltrain)
ABOUT US (AND OUR EXCITING FUTURE):
We pioneered cloud logistics with our on-demand fulfillment center and shipping tools, Web services, innovative developer tools and integration with today's top e-commerce platforms. Our award-winning platform provides on-demand e-commerce fulfillment and supply chain management from a network of global pick-pack and ship warehouses in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia to more than 1,000 emerging brands and web retailers.
It's an incredibly exciting time for our organization. On October, 28th 2013 we entered into a definitive agreement pursuant to which we will be acquired by Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE: IM), a Fortune 100 company who is also the world's largest wholesale technology distributor and a global leader in supply-chain and mobile device lifecycle services. This will allow us to accelerate our platform (much more quickly than we could have as a stand-alone company) in a $40 billion market for e-commerce fulfillment services that is estimated to be growing by double-digits through 2015.
As a stand-alone subsidiary of Ingram Micro in the Silicon Valley we will be continuing our startup culture and maintaining our focus on revolutionizing the supply chain in favor of emerging brands. Through Ingram we have access to global facilities and distribution strength that will accelerate our innovation. Our charter is to be visionary and relevant and define the future of this market.
Exciting? We think so.
The Carrier Manager would maintain an initial portfolio of Local and Global Delivery Provider relationships. The manager would be responsible for simultaneously upgrading the quality of our relationship with those existing partners and their performance, while rapidly qualifying new carriers in their region.
SPECIFIC DELIVERABLES COULD INCLUDE
- Support new account launches “on-site” with carriers in your region
- Conduct ongoing field audits of carrier program and business processes to ensure compliance with established KPI’s and business rules
- Negotiate with prospective Local Delivery Partners (LDP’s) regarding terms of service, pricing and performance
- Develop and analyze and implement new customer pricing strategies
- Develop and analyze KPI reporting and manage Shipwire’s portfolio of carriers against predetermined and evolving performance standards
- Actively develop and grow the network through carrier qualification and assimilation, both remotely and on-site.
- Develop innovative approaches to motivate, encourage and compel higher standards of service within your portfolio.
- Create and implement and enhance standardized systems to measure and track performance improvements by Local Delivery Provider.
- Originate, implement and execute strategies that advance the flex logistics program and the ultimate service experience of all Shipwire stakeholders
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 – 5 years direct experience with procuring and negotiating transportation services, Account management, Operations, Contract management, Carrier relations management.
- Innovative individual who can devise strategies and execute plans; able to interact with all levels both internally and externally
- Adaptable, proactive personality style that can prioritize, quickly adapt to changing conditions, and execute autonomously to closure
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret the numbers for business meaning and application
- Previous experience with financial statements necessary (P&L, balance sheets, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of transportation industry, with emphasis on distribution, LTL, small package and 3PL highly valued
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Customer Service experience a plus
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to follow through with tasks to their conclusion
Bachelor’s Degree required (Preferably in Transportation/Logistics, Industrial Engineering)