Palo Alto, CA | Sales and Marketing
JOB TITLE: Salesforce Administrator
LOCATION: Palo Alto (very close to Caltrain)
Shipwire is a Global E-Fulfillment powerhouse. Our platform and services put more than 1,000 emerging brands and web retailers on a level playing field with Fortune 100 retailers. To use David and Goliath as an analogy we give David a Rocket Launcher. On-demand fulfillment centers, shipping tools, Web services, innovative developer tools and integration with today's top e-commerce platforms keep us at the forefront of Cloud Logistics. And we are moving rapidly towards creating apps that make it dead simple to control the world's most powerful logistics network from any device, anywhere.
We're looking for the right fit
If you enjoy making your end users happy that's half the job. We need someone who wants to take ownership of Salesforce.com and help our Sales and Marketing teams reach new heights of functionality and effectiveness.
Some of your daily responsibilities will include
- Salesforce CRM administration (user setups, permissions, etc.)
- Either own Salesforce development, or be able to write requirements concisely to an outside developer
- Work with department heads whose orgs have a heavy CRM footprint on business goals and act as the Salesforce business partner
- Build and manage dashboards, views, reports in Salesforce standard and custom objects
- Develop workflows to automate manual processes
- Create and continually iterate on assignment rules to streamline processes
- Be creative and “hack” Salesforce system contraints to meet business needs
- Manage data limits (which we regularly exceed).
- Understand and create/manage various types of Salesforce database fields as needed
- Work with finance, business, and marketing analysts on their data requirements
- Work with Engineering and 3rd party integration specialists to sync various databases
- Rollout new and manage existing Salesforce apps
You’ll do really well here if you..
- Solid experience in Salesforce workflows, UI design, reporting, dashboarding, and app rollouts
- 3-5 years experience with administration and development of Salesforce CRM
- Some with APEX DataLoader
- A bit of APEX development skills desired
- Creativity and great problem-solving skills
- Must love optimizing business processes
- Experience with Dataloader.io highly desired
- Experience with ETL and cloud integration tools like Mulesoft highly desired
- SOQL/SQL skills highly desired
- Excel proficiency preferred
- Experience with marketing automation tools (Marketo, Eloqua) preferred
- Familiarity (experience preferred) with B2B recurring revenue and SaaS models/business concepts preferred
- Bachelors Degree required (preferably in information systems or engineering)
- Proficiency with Google Apps preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Track record of getting things done on time and on spec
Are we the right fit for you?
Career progression: Excellent performers are quickly recognized and afforded opportunities to move up as soon as it is feasible to do so. Engineers impact the company with code initially, but there is greater cross-functional impact as your seniority grows.
Professional growth: Learning opportunities abound. We promote continual growth in our engineers by giving educational stipends and opportunities to attend tech conferences, meetups, and workshops. We have a wide range of technologies in our tech stack and do not restrict passionate engineers from learning areas outside of their core competencies.
Personal growth: We believe that independent interests of employees can be brought to the workplace and shared with those that we spend our work days with.
Vibrant and supportive culture: We cater free lunches, mingle with each other on “Beer and Rock Band” Fridays, have an active runners club and enjoy a constant flow of treats brought in by foodies in the company. We are responsive to one another, flexible with each other, and open to each other's suggestions. Our executive management all have open door (and open idea) policies and are willing to drop everything to listen and help our engineers.
Sharp co-workers: Our Sales and Marketing teams consist of alums from Stanford, MIT, CalTech, UC Berkeley, UCLA, and Cal Poly.
Compensation: In addition to very competitive salaries we offer a Fortune 100 class 401K plan, along with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage. We can be very competitive with the options of startups and RSUs of larger businesses. Finally we have a generous vacation policy so you can recharge and take time off when you need it.
Our award winning products start and stop with our people...
We set our teams up for success to deliver something that is changing the way entrepreneurs run their small and medium sized businesses. We recognize and reward ingenious work. We all have a voice that is heard throughout the company to communicate any challenges we face. We always make time for fun.