Document Management Specialist
Sunnyvale, CA | Customer Service
TITLE: Document Management Specialist
DURATION: Contract, Temp Postition
LOCATION: Sunnyvale, CA
ABOUT US (AND OUR EXCITING FUTURE):
Shipwire is disrupting the logistics industry with its innovative technology, business model, and execution. We have built an award-winning platform that delivers on-demand ecommerce fulfillment and supply chain management services to thousands of emerging brands and web retailers. Our customers can quickly connect Shipwire to their preferred e-commerce storefront (using one of our 70+ pre-built connectors or open APIs), and instantly access a network of global warehouses in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia, to support their specific business needs.
It's an incredibly exciting time for our organization. In December 2013 we were acquired by Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE: IM), a Fortune 100 company who is also the world's largest wholesale technology distributor and a global leader in supply-chain and mobile device lifecycle services. This will allow us to accelerate our platform (much more quickly than we could have as a stand-alone company) in a $40 billion market for e-commerce fulfillment services that is estimated to be growing by double-digits through 2015.
As a stand-alone subsidiary of Ingram Micro, based in the Silicon Valley, you will be joining a company with a technology start-up culture, a winning team, deep resources, and the charter to be visionary and define the future of this huge and fast-growing market.
Exciting? We think so.
A Document Management Specialist's primary objective is to increase employee productivity and decrease error rates via the development, management and training on documentation. The role requires competencies in systems management, document management, performance optimization and project management. To excel in the role, a Documentation Specialist will establish a broad understanding of all Shipwire content libraries; manage the development of improved documentation and transfer the documented knowledge to Shipwire employees.
- Assist in designing the strategy to not only create content but to organize it in a way that is easily accessible to both employees and customers.
- Document and edit how-to-guides, quick references and user manuals (external and internal processes, systems, products).
- Take complex processes and procedures and simplify it in a way that is easy to understand by both employees and customers. Ask yourself, can you make the very complex simple?
- Work across all departments within Shipwire to ensure accuracy of information and that key stake holders interests are captured.
- Organize, update and maintain the company's intranet in relation to company documentation.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify document management requirements of departments or end users.
- Research and possibly deploy new methods of storing and retrieving documents within the organization.
- Create training material and facilitator guides for employees and managers respectively
- Create policies around document management to allow everyone to contribute but to insure that quality insurance is in place.
- Work with Departmental Managers to improve efficiencies by use of Document Management.
- Collect Documentation Requests, determine release schedules, collect requirements and publish documents and training material based off of committed time frame.
- Amazing writing skills.
- At least 5 years of experience creating documentation, processes, training and other visual material.
- The ability to take a very complicated process or procedure and make it easy to understand
- Communication- You must be comfortable having a conversation and understanding the needs of an engineer as much as the needs of a product manager or Customer Care Representative.
- Being able to make recommendations on our processes and procedures to provide a more streamlined solution to our associates and customers.
- Extremely detailed oriented, highly organized and obsessed with making a process easier to understand.
- Cloud Computing Software (e.g. Salesforce, Google Drive Docs, Wiki)
- Content Management Systems
- End User Computers
- Analytical or Scientific Software
- Sales Force Automation Software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Customer Relationship Management Software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Development Environment Software (e.g. HTML Editing Software)
- Document Management Software
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software
Skills To Master
Content Control - collect, manage, monitor and maintain articles in the form of Solutions, HowTo Wiki Pages and HelpCenter articles.
Improve Efficiency - review customer interactions, identify significant time spent interacting with customers via email/case or phone and create content solutions that enable 1-click close responses.
Keyword Matching - optimize articles and systems so that appropriate content/solutions are presented to users when interacting with customers.
Project Management - Build project management skills for use in managing content projects, negotiating cross functional teams, testing documentation solutions and communicating to the necessary teams.
Messaging Strategies - Learn messaging strategies to write effective, promotional Salesforce solutions that are consistent with Shipwire's brand.
Roadmapping - Establish methodology for collecting requirements from employees, manage requests into projects with defined release goals, manage release projects to completion with release deadlines and publish release notes so documentation enhancements are known.
Management - Develop skills to manage peer to peer relationships, key stakeholder relationships and financial value of documentation projects.