SHEfinds.com, a major shopping site about navigating the web’s best fashion and beauty, needs an Assistant Editor help with researching, writing, editing and general website maintenance. This is a F/T paid position in Manhattan that starts ASAP.
You will work from assignment and also report on your own finds (i.e. the latest trends, an upcoming collaboration you managed to score photos of, etc). You'll support the editors in general website production and will have a great deal of opportunity to lend a creative hand to the site in terms of ideas and future endeavors. Our work style is collaborative and open: we reward initiative and are always looking to give our employees additional responsibility and exposure. We have many media partners and are well regarded by top fashion and beauty brands.
The ideal candidate is a recent college graduate with strong writing skills and a keen interest in wearable fashion. We want someone career focused who has the ambition to help grow our company.
* 1-3 years of intern experience in fashion writing/editing/blogging or online-publishing
* Knowledge of online/Web media is essential
* Ability to turn around tight, accurate copy while meeting daily deadlines
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
* Willingness to take on night and weekend work when needed
CMS experience, HTML and Photoshop skills are pluses
We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
• We work long hours/full days but have flexible “in office” time: work from home Mondays and office hours 11:30AM-6PM Tuesday-Friday.
IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THE ITEMS BELOW IN YOUR APPLICATION, YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
1. Your resume.
2. A cover letter explaining why you are the perfect person for this job.
Please submit at the bottom of your cover letter:
3. A list of your favorite relevant websites.
4. A list of your favorite celebrities
5. A short write-up that would work on the blog about a fashion trend you've seen. We want to be wowed, so give us your best insight and wit. Don't be afraid to rant or rave about the trend you've spotted, and share any personal anecdotes. Also include an arresting headline.
6. Your desired salary.
7. Links to all your social media accounts - Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter etc.
No phone calls. If you've followed all the instructions above and we think you may be a fit, we will contact you.
SheFinds Media is a network of websites -shefinds.com, momfinds.com and thefoundist - that help women shop online. We are a well funded, profitable company. Our management team is small but very experienced - this is a great place to learn from professionals who have worked at major companies like Time Inc., Conde Nast, CBS, AOL and Ask.com (IAC). Now is an exciting time to join the team as we are looking for fresh ideas and enthusiasm as we ramp up our editorial offering and consumer acquisition.