We’re hiring for several roles! Check out our team and what it’s like being an engineer at Sharethrough -http://www.sharethrough.com/engineering
At Sharethrough we're tackling the hardest problems in data systems, service oriented architectures and machine learning to make advertising better for publishers and consumers. We’re looking for devops engineers who share our passion for building robust distributed systems that enable us to deliver products that rid the world of banners and punch-the-monkey ads.
We believe operations should be tightly integrated into the engineering and product flow. As a devops engineer at Sharethrough, you will work on AWS-based infrastructure tackling operations challenges ranging from designing the infrastructure and automation necessary to facilitate the development of fault-tolerant micro-services, stream analytics and Hadoop ETL pipelines. As a fully functioning members of the engineering team you will also be shipping production code. This position is located in San Francisco, California. Sharethrough will help with relocation costs.
What You'll Be Doing
- Automating provisioning, configuration and deployment of hundreds of nodes
- Build products that enable real-time monitoring and reporting of our large distributed, fault-tolerant micro-service infrastructure
- Pair with other engineers to dig into problems that occur in production and ship production code
- Helping to keep the Sharethrough infrastructure secure
- Growing our log collection and ETL pipelines to deliver and process gigabytes of data in real time
Right In Your Wheelhouse
- Deep familiarity with infrastructure automation using tools like Chef and Puppet
- Development experience with at least one language (Ruby, Python, Java, Scala)
- Automating provisioning of cloud infrastructure
- Monitoring and alerting of production systems
- Ability to identify opportunities and set infrastructure priorities
It Would Be Cool If You Had Experience With
- Our monitoring and alerting stack: Graphite, Tattle, PagerDuty
- Rapid prototyping of new infrastructure using Vagrant
- Familiar with the AWS API
- Development experience on the JVM, preferably Scala
- Big data processing systems and infrastructure – Hadoop, Mesos, Spark, Scalding, Azkaban, Hive, etc.
- Experience with a web development framework (Rails, Django)
The Good Stuff
- Competitive salary, stock options and a 401(k) plan
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Sick days when you need them
- Company sponsored life, short and long term disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Commuter program
- Catered lunches and unlimited drinks and snacks
- Happy hours, yoga, dinners and other fun stuff
- Oh, and we love dogs!