ONLINE MARKETING INTERN with Redbeacon, San Mateo, CA
• Redbeacon is a hot online local-services company. We're figuring out how to use technology to create a better way of finding and hiring local services. This is a huge market, and we're growing the space with other exciting companies such as Uber, Taskrabbit, AirBnB, and LivingSocial.
• Our company was founded with fanfare -- funded by Mayfield Fund and Venrock and winning the top prize in the 2009 TechCrunch 50, the SAI Startup 2010 and 2011 Always On 250 -- in the San Francisco Bay Area by 3 ex-Googlers.
• As of January 2012, Redbeacon was acquired by The Home Depot -- a move that ensures that Redbeacon's mission will extend nationwide and that the company will continue to grow rapidly. It's a great fit, and the acquisition provides us with the resources to drive forward.
• Redbeacon is a part of a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks. Our office is the kind of place where what you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented by the afternoon. Redbeacon employees are friendly, passionate, and hard-working, and everyone is expected to drive success immediately.
About the Job:
You will be marketing inside one of the web's most competitive industries. Your days will be spent content marketing, implementing SEO tactics, industry website outreach, growth hacking, and sharpening visual capabilities inside Adobe Suite. You will be working through high volumes of articles, managing writers, and multitasking priorities under the Online Marketing Manager. In addition to completing self-projected daily and weekly goals, you will need to actively collaborate and be passionate about your work.
• Optimize images and edit HTML on Redbeacon's article library. (http://www.redbeacon.com/hg/)
• Build home improvement database and perform blogger outreach.
• Collaborate on content strategy and help execute targeted campaigns.
• College degree or enrolled in four year university
• Must be a driven, scrappy, creative, artsy, curious, detail oriented intern with a passion for online marketing!
• Must be available for 20+ hours/week for 3-6 months
• Must have excellent communication, writing and editing skills
• Prefer previous work with Photoshop, HTML and online communities
• Huge bonus for online marketing experience and web projects to show for it.
• No dabblers wanted! If you are unsure about direction in life, this is not the place for you.
• Paid internship with possibility of advancement
• Brand new state-of-the-art office space overlooking the Bay with shuttles to and from Caltrain
• Fully paid montly Clipper passes
• Ordered-in lunch every day of the week
• Kitchen stocked with organic fruit, snacks and beverages
• And much more!!!!