Reading Partners is seeking an engaging and experienced Senior Communications Manager to help share the Reading Partners story and to create a step-change in brand awareness, engagement and evangelism. The Communications Manager plays a key role within the organization and interacts with the public, media outlets, and internal and external partners to ensure our presence grows on a regional and national scale. As part of the national team, this position oversees both internal and external communications with a strong emphasis on PR and digital marketing.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in PR, digital marketing and communications. S/he will have a proven track record of delivering breakthrough communication for a nationally scaled organization. S/he will be a self-starter who is supremely organized, collaborative and thrives in fast-paced, fluid environments.
ABOUT READING PARTNERS
Reading Partners is a nonprofit literacy organization that recruits and trains community volunteers to provide one-on-one reading tutoring to students in under-resourced schools across the country. Our highly-effective program has helped thousands of children master the fundamental reading skills they need to succeed in school and beyond.
Reading Partners is dedicated to transforming struggling young readers into confident readers who are excited about learning. For more information, please visit www.readingpartners.org.
The Senior Communications Manager reports to Reading Partners’ Chief Advancement Officer (CAO), and manages an AmeriCorps VISTA position.
Leadership and Management
- In collaboration with CAO, develop Reading Partners’ national and regional external communications strategy and plans to increase organizational visibility with the goals of building brand awareness and esteem, attracting volunteers and funding, and helping to advance our policy agenda
- Help ensure that the brand has a consistent voice, and that the Reading Partners story is communicated with creativity and impact across all communications channels
- Act as project lead in developing and continuously improving our national marketing materials, and collaborate with development and field operations staff to create relevant regional training, toolkits, and templates
- Manage budgets and continuously measure and improve ROI
- Develop and implement strategic PR programs to achieve significant increases in brand awareness and presence on a regional and national scale
- Identify key media outlets and cultivate relationships with national media contacts, influencers, and strategic partners
- Develop compelling story angles and write clear and compelling pitch letters, releases and by-lined articles
- Support regional Executive Directors and help create systems for training and supporting regional PR efforts
- Analyze and measure results of PR programs
Digital Marketing and Communications
- Establish a best in class web presence that drives donations and support and that supports aggressive volunteer recruitment, fundraising, and awareness growth goals
- Design and execute digital marketing campaigns
- Lead Reading Partners’ social media engagement strategy; develop and report on relevant KPIs
- Curate content and write for Reading Partners’ blog and other social media channels
- Manage and curate content for Reading Partners’ bi-monthly newsletter
- Support regional Executive Directors and help create systems for training and supporting social media plans for regional offices, ensuring consistent messaging and brand fidelity across regions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4-7 years of relevant experience in PR, communications, or marketing with significant digital and social media responsibility
- Experience working with website management applications and MS Office, expertise in WordPress, Salesforce, Hubspot and PR applications preferred
- Proven success helping organizations build brand awareness and breakthrough in competitive communications environments
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with diverse groups, and across functions, in a decentralized or matrix organization
- Detail-oriented and organized, with excellent follow-up/tracking skills
- Able to develop, manage, execute, and measure programs and be a champion for continuous improvement
- Passion for Reading Partners’ mission of educational equality for children
- Experience in the non-profit, education or policy space a plus
The Senior Communications Manager may travel for meetings and regional events outside the San Francisco Bay Area. Total travel time is estimated at less than 5% of working days per year.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
Requires prolonged sitting with some bending, stooping and stretching; eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, photocopier, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Also requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity and/or need to meet deadlines, and flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a full time, non-exempt, salaried position with comprehensive benefits and generous vacation and sick time.
Please submit the following application materials:
- Cover letter highlighting reasons for your interest in the position, relevant experience/qualifications for the position, and salary history of your three most recent positions.
Reading Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a strong commitment to diversity in the workplace.
Due to the volume of applicants, we respectfully request no phone calls. Thank you for your understanding.