Join Our Team
Regional Executive Director
Dallas, TX | Program
Reading Partners launched in 2001 with the mission to expand opportunities for children in underserved communities by fostering a lifelong love of reading, developing strong literacy skills, and building the confidence and self-esteem critical to empowerment and community development. Reading Partners provides children with robust one-on-one reading support through a structured, research-based curriculum that engages students and provides basic building blocks to supplement their academic growth. Working in partnership with teachers, schools, and community volunteers, Reading Partners has established 60+ programs nationwide. Currently, Reading Partners serves over 2,800 students in California, Washington DC, New York, Texas and Maryland with plans for growth into other regions in the near future.
Reading Partners is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to be the Regional Executive Director (RED) in the Dallas, Texas. S/he will oversee programs serving 7-10 elementary schools, lead a program, development, and administrative staff of 10-12 people, and have bottom line fiscal responsibility and partnership development for the region.
The ideal candidate is a social entrepreneur who has deep connections to the K-5 educational and/or non-profit sector, state/local officials and philanthropic leaders who can accelerate Reading Partners regional program expansion.
- The RED reports to the VP of Field Operations and is a member of the RP Management Team.
- This position will work closely with the RP regional boards in specific sites as well as with the national board of directors.
- Serve as the overall executive manager of field operations within the region, with responsibility for leading staff through training, implementation of launch and growth plans for sites.
- Build and lead a high-caliber staff of program, development, and operations professionals.
- Work with the national office to set fund development goals in alignment with the regional launch plan and ensure that these goals are consistently met or exceeded.
- Provide executive oversight of all program operations, ensuring their compliance with national standards of program quality and efficacy in advancing RP’s organizational mission.
- Partner with the RP national office to execute a rigorous program monitoring and evaluation system designed to provide the highest levels of quality assurance.
- Oversee professional development and management training for regional staff, upholding RP’s culture of continuous improvement and employee advancement.
- Build organizational infrastructure and capacity to support future growth.
- Engage and manage relationships with elected officials and public sector partners (municipal, school board, state and district staff for Congressional offices) to support advancement of Reading Partners as a key partner in the educational system in the region
- Support RP's role in the policy dialogue around literacy, education and national service
- Increase organizational visibility and profile in local media markets through the successful implementation of a regional communications plan.
- Oversee all business functions (accounting, HR, IT, legal, etc.) with the highest degree of professional standards in cooperation with the national office.
- Manage regional boards for each program site, ensuring effective local leadership and ambassadorship.
- Serve as primary local public spokesperson for RP, acting as the public face of the organization within the region.
- Create and lead a broad coalition of nonprofit, for-profit, and governmental entities to work together to affect students’ reading success.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least five years of management experience, demonstrating progressively greater responsibility.
- Extensive experience in staff recruitment, management, and development, demonstrating excellent leadership skills.
- Extensive experience in the nonprofit sector as either an executive/manager (preferred) or highly involved board member.
- Significant experience in fund development, preferably including past work in both front-line fundraising and at the strategy/management level.
- Significant business management experience, including the ability to manage large and complex operating budgets.
- Exceptional communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to local accountability and an understanding of the role of a regional leader within a national organization.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, highly adaptive environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
- Excellent computer skills.
- M.Ed., MBA, or other relevant postgraduate degree.
- Experience in the field of K-5 education, especially within the context of Title I schools.
- Experience working with nationally or regionally scaled nonprofits, especially high growth nonprofits.
- Experience working with nonprofits in the Dallas region.
This is a full time, exempt, salaried position with comprehensive benefits, vacation, and sick time. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter indicating reasons for your interest in the position, relevant experience/qualifications for the position, salary requirements, and salary history.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Position will remain posted until filled. No phone inquiries please.
Reading Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a strong commitment to diversity in the workplace.