Platform Engineer (Hardware)
About Pure Storage:
We are an exciting high tech enterprise data storage start-up headquartered in Mountain View, California. Our management team consists of experienced and successful entrepreneurs with a track record of bringing innovative technology into the mainstream. We have a passion for using technology to build category-breakers and for having a good time along the way. Our investors are some of the hottest VCs in Silicon Valley, including Greylock, Sutter Hill, Redpoint, as well as global firms such as London’s Index Ventures. With ample funding and a solid track record of timely product shipments, we’re spearheading the industry-wide drive to displace the ~$20B disk-based enterprise storage market with solid-state technology. Our laser-like focus on the massive disruption that this transition is already causing in data centers around the world makes us the right team with the right technology at the right time.
This engineer is responsible for hardware integration of I/O modules (NICs, HBAs, HCAs), motherboards, and enclosure management subsystem components including preliminary vendor investigation, qualification, manufacturing readiness, debug, system/software integration, and failure analysis.
* Good verbal communication & collaboration skills
* Experience with selecting, qualifying and supporting high performance compute servers.
* Experience in qualifying off the shelf HW/FW such as power supplies, motherboards, HBAs & motherboard firmware.
* Experience supporting shipping enterprise products including FA & RCA
* Familiarity with standard busses such as PCIe, DDR, USB & I2C
* Proven ability to create and review written engineering documentation
* Thorough understanding of Linux based tools & utilities
* Ability to write scripts (e.g. shell, perl, python)
* Experience collaborating with external suppliers of complex subsystems
* 5+ years hands-on experience designing, developing and integrating hardware into products.
* BS or equivalent in Computer or Electrical Engineering
Nice to have:
* Deep expertise in some server design area: e.g. motherboards, HBAs, NICs, power, signal integrity
* Deep expertise in standard busses
* Expertise with multi-socket SandyBridge/IvyBridge based motherboards
* Expertise with BIOS & BMC firmware
* Experience with HW/OS interaction
* Experience with mechanical design, thermal analysis, and packaging
* Experience providing inputs for & reviewing end user documentation
* Experience writing C/C++
* 5+ years direct experience designing, integrating and supporting enterprise storage systems.
* MS or equivalent in Computer or Electrical Engineering