Online Marketing Manager
Portland, OR | Marketing
Are you a revenue-focused marketer with deep expertise in using online techniques to attract, acquire, and retain customers? Do you obsess over web analytics and look for creative solutions to get that next improvement in conversion rate and engagement? Do you want to play a critical role in driving revenue for a fast-growth, venture-backed B2B infrastructure software firm?
- Hands-on approach with a broad knowledge of marketing and consumer behavior and experience leveraging the Web to create compelling online experiences that start conversations with prospects, drive conversions and encourage repeat visits.
- Strong analytics and data-centric orientation, with the ability to look for patterns and trends and use data from a variety of sources to find them. Experience with SEO, SEM, web analytics tracking and reporting and online marketing optimization required.
- Ability to clearly communicate and present findings and recommendations to both team members and senior management.
- Ability to do not only spot problems, but create projects or small improvements to solve them. Ability to work primarily with external development resources, with internal resources being added as we build out the team.
- Affinity to experiment and test new ideas, with comfort using A|B testing methods to your advantage.
- Experience and planning skills to drive simultaneous projects from concept to implementation, using multiple vendors including designers, writers, developers, UX talent. Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM systems and a general curiosity about how to build online marketing systems.
- Experience with Marketo, Epiphany, and/or Eloqua.
- Experience with Salesforce, etc.
- Experience with the advantages, quirks, and limitations of Wordpress.
- Understanding of how agile methods can apply to driving results in marketing.
- Comfort with social media and search engine marketing.
- Sufficient understanding of HTML and CSS to make occasional changes and improvements, anticipate implications of design and implementation decisions, and tag URLs for campaign performance tracking.
Please include a cover letter with your application describing why you are interested in working for Puppet Labs and how you feel your experience is a fit for the qualifications of this position.
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, we’re making powerful, enterprise-class IT management technologies accessible to companies of all sizes, enabling our customers to leverage their IT systems for competitive advantage and eliminate IT inefficiencies and outages. We’re an enterprise software company with a consumer sales model, a passionate, worldwide user base, and the conviction that open source infrastructure is the way forward. Everyone who works here has real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult problems will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet is all about.