Portland, OR | Engineering
Reports to: Lead Engineer
Location: Portland, OR
Summary of Role
If you are passionate about coming up with elegant solutions to complex problems, meticulous about code quality, and love to ship software, then this is the job for you!
- You have experience building or working on complex integrated or distributed systems. The idea of solving problems relating to latency and data reliability excites you, rather than giving you nightmares.
- You have experience with automation when it comes to developing and testing software.
- You are a believer in thoroughly testing software, and believe that better QA drives better quality.
- You have experience working on web applications. This experience has taught you when to use a framework and when to roll your own.
- You are not dogmatic about your technology choices, and don’t consider yourself a “language programmer.” You view the opportunity to work with new languages and technologies as a fun challenge.
- You’re comfortable touching frontend and UI code, and care about the user’s experience when building software.
- You understand and use distributed version control systems such as git or mercurial.
Please include a cover letter with your application describing why you are interested in working for Puppet Labs, and how you feel your experience fits the listed qualifications of the position.
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs creates IT automation software which enables system administrators to deliver the operational agility and efficiency of cloud computing at enterprise-class service levels, scaling from handfuls of nodes on-premise to tens of thousands in the cloud. Puppet powers thousands of companies, including Twitter, Yelp, eBay, Zynga, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Google, Disney, Citrix, Oracle, and Viacom. Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, True Ventures, Radar Partners, Emerson St. Partners, VMware, Google Ventures, and Cisco.
Everyone who works at Puppet Labs has a direct impact on the company. The work environment is relaxed yet results-driven, encouraging creativity and collaboration. The list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time to tackle them, and the community culture fosters continuous improvement. Puppet employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet is all about.
Puppet Labs employs staff in areas including Development, Professional Services, Operations Engineering, Solutions, Marketing, Sales, Finance, HR, and Administration. We offer awesome benefits and perks to our employees, including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), paid time off, stock options, casual dress code, flexible work hours, free snacks & drinks, in-office bike rack, a dog-friendly work environment and much more.