Professional Services Engineer (UK)
London, UK, United Kingdom | Technical Operations
Professional Services Engineer
Department: Technical Operations - Professional Services
Reports to: VP, Technical Operations
Location: Portland or remote home office
Summary of Role
Puppet Labs is hiring a Professional Services Engineer to help our Puppet Labs' customers succeed through training, consulting, and custom development engagements, as well as further Puppet Labs product growth with direct customer feedback.
In this role, you will work with our customers to implement solutions and deliver professional services, as well as deliver training and keep Puppet & MCollective training accurate and up-to-date. In addition, you will be responsible for providing pre-sales support to Sales & Marketing, developing and publishing Puppet modules and products, and developing and promoting integration and tooling around Puppet Labs products. As Professional Services Engineer, you’ll also develop blog posts and other communication for Puppet Labs, and work with R&D and Product Management to develop and test Puppet Labs products.
- Senior Unix &/or Linux SysAdmin or DevOps background, including automation
- Strong customer relations & presentation skills - must be able to speak well in front of an audience and with customers
- Excitement about working with the Puppet community
- Passion for problem solving
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to travel up to 75% nationally and internationally
Preferred but not required:
- Technical degree (CS/IT/Eng/ITSec)
- Programming skills (Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Large scale infrastructure experience
- Experience with Puppet or other configuration management tools.
- Knowledge of data center management, systems mangement, and monitoring, networking & security. Professional services experience in an open source/enterprise software company
Please include a cover letter with your application describing why you are interested in working for Puppet Labs and a summary of how you feel your experience fits the listed qualifications of the position.
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, we're making powerful, enterprise-class IT management technologies accessible to companies of all sizes, enabling our customers to leverage their IT systems for competitive advantage and eliminate IT inefficiencies and outages. We're an enterprise software company with a consumer sales model, a passionate, worldwide use base, and the conviction that open source infrastructure is the way forward. Everyone who works here has a real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet is all about.