Field Sales Representative - Based in New York
Portland, OR | Sales
Field Sales Representative
Reports to: VP of Sales
Location: New York, NY, USA
Puppet Labs is the creator of Puppet, an open source based data center automation and configuration management framework. Puppet provides data center managers with a simplified platform that allows for consistent, transparent, and flexible systems management.
The trend towards large numbers of servers, virtualization, and Cloud computing are driving Fortune 500 companies and SMB’s to adopt automation technologies. Puppet Labs is growing quickly as the leading solution provider in this emerging marketplace with thousands of companies around the globe using Puppet on more than 3 million servers.
Top tier clients include Apple, PayPal, Bank of America, McGraw Hill, NYSE, Cisco and Sony. Puppet Labs is a privately held company whose investors include Google, Cisco, VMWare, and Kleiner Perkins.
We’re looking for a sales executive with strong large account management skills who will close large sales with Fortune 1,000 accounts.
- Conduct sales activities including prospecting and developing opportunities in large/strategic accounts
- Ensure the successful rollout and adoption of Puppet Labs’ products through strong account management activities and coordination with pre-and-post sales engineering and support resources
- Travel as necessary to accounts in order to develop relationships and close large opportunities
- Expand knowledge of industry as well as the competitive posture of the company
- Prepare activity and forecast reports as requested
- Update and maintain Sales’ database as appropriate
- Assist sales management in conveying customer needs to product managers, and technical support staff
- Act as mentor to more junior sales personnel and assist in the development of sales training material
Experience and Skills
- Able to provide high degree of major account management and control
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects and may assist less experienced peers. Latitude for independent judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented atmosphere
- Strong written/verbal communications skills
- Domain specific knowledge of large corporate IT environments including basic understanding of client/server computing, networking and cloud computing
- Expertise using CRM and web-based conferencing systems
- Proven track record of quota and goal achievement
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- 10+ years of experience in software or related high-tech industry
Please include a cover letter with your application describing why you are interested in working for Puppet Labs, and how you feel your experience fits the listed qualifications of the position.
Working for Puppet Labs
Everyone who works here has a real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet Labs is all about.