Portland, OR | Finance & Administration
Reports to: VP of Finance & Administration
Location: Portland, OR
Summary of Role
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Oversees the reporting of budgets and other operational reports and presents findings and recommendations to top management
- Responsible for overseeing worldwide accounting procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing), and database management
- Supervises or prepares monthly closing process including journal entries and general ledger reconciliations
- Randomly audits workflow to assure that all accounting transactions are appropriately authorized
- Assures internal control compliance
- Supervises worldwide A/R, A/P, P/R personnel and transactions
- Substantiates and justified expenditures and expense reports
- Manages worldwide tax, sales tax and audit compliance
- Assists VP Finance as needed
- Works on special projects, if requested
- Manage and run internal and external audits
- Demonstrated competency in accounting , preferably with a CPA and/or CMA
- Deep understanding of revenue recognition rules in the software industry
- Knowledge of GAAP, IRC, FASB, accrual base accounting, auditing, fixed asset accounting, and tax filing requirements
- Able to partner with and educate managers, both in person and with consistent reports, on the state of the business and their teams’ affect on it
- Preparing, reviewing, and analyzing financial reports
- A stickler for to accuracy and internal controls
- Defining and refining operational processes
- Management, hiring and team-building
The positions requires 5-10 years experience, on average. It requires a BS/BA degree in either accounting or finance.
Please include a cover letter with your application describing why you are interested in working for Puppet Labs, and how you feel your experience fits the listed qualifications of the position.
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs creates IT automation software which enables system administrators to deliver the operational agility and efficiency of cloud computing at enterprise-class service levels, scaling from handfuls of nodes on-premise to tens of thousands in the cloud. Puppet powers thousands of companies, including Twitter, Yelp, eBay, Zynga, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Google, Disney, Citrix, Oracle, and Viacom. Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, True Ventures, Radar Partners, Emerson St. Partners, VMware, Google Ventures, and Cisco.
Everyone who works here has a real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet Labs is all about.