Portland, OR | Marketing
Reports to: VP Marketing
Location: Portland, OR
Summary of Role
Are you passionate about the open source community? Do you have experience collaborating with software development teams? Excited about what Puppet Labs is doing and want to be a part of it?
In this role, you will collaborate with the open source development team to identify, encourage, and publicly recognize community contributors, individually as well as via community events, and monitor the state of health of the community as reflected in the online ecosystem, being a “presence” in those environments. You’ll manage community tickets against the open source software code base within Development, QA, and Support. In addition, you will establish, maintain, and communicate metrics on community growth and engagement, and collaborate with the marketing team on positioning and messages to the open source community, contribute content directly and/or solicit from community.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and empathy for the open source dynamic and the non-financial motivations of community contributors
- Prior experience with an open source software project, either as a developer or community manager
- Passion for recruiting as well as collaborating and networking with a diverse and distributed collection of individuals which constitute the community
- Reputation for integrity and ethical standards
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Sufficient technical aptitude to understand and participate in technical discussions, debates, and prioritizations within the OS community and development team
- Ability to travel at least 2x per quarter to community-related events
Preferred but not required:
- Technical degree and/or software development background
- Prior experience with a startup
Please include a cover letter with your application describing why you are interested in working for Puppet Labs, examples of your community engagements/forums, and how you feel your experience matches the aforementioned qualifications.
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, we're making powerful, enterprise-class IT management technologies accessible to companies of all sizes, enabling our customers to leverage their IT systems for competitive advantage and eliminate IT inefficiencies and outages. We're an enterprise software company with a consumer sales model, a passionate, worldwide use base, and the conviction that open source infrastructure is the way forward. Everyone who works here has a real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet Labs is all about.