PubMatic’s One Platform technology powers the programmatic advertising strategy of leading publishers and premium brands. Our innovative solutions help content providers drive the highest value for their digital media assets and provide consumers with a more personalized advertising experience across display, mobile and video.
As a leader in ad revenue optimization and management, we are looking for a hands-on, results-oriented Senior Product Manager/Director to drive and scale its portfolio of products and solutions. You will use your deep understanding and knowledge of the online advertising industry to inform requirements gathering, definition, and delivery of innovative industry leading products and features.
This position requires close interaction with multiple business, technology and services teams as well as DSPs, ad networks, agency trading desks, exchanges, publishers, and audience/data providers. Would you enjoy being part of a dynamic global product management team committed to building and growing PubMatic’s position as the leader in publisher ad revenue optimization?
- Define, develop and execute the vision, roadmap, requirements, and performance metrics for PubMatic product(s).
- Validate product direction by interacting with customers and internal stakeholders in addition to analyzing both market and product trends.
- Create and maintain the prioritized product backlog.
- Develop clear and compelling product requirements (PRDs) / user stories for new initiatives as well as existing product enhancements, including business justification, revenue potential, and operational impact.
- Engage and work closely with user experience (UX) and engineering teams (both onshore and offshore) to provide guidance during development and testing.
- Monitor product adoption, proactively identifying opportunities and making actionable recommendations to drive product uptake and effectiveness.
- Work cross functional teams - including Sales, Services and Product Marketing - to provide inputs on training, marketing material/collateral development and product rollout.
- Evangelize PubMatic product offerings within the company, as well as to prospects and the installed base, and drive rapid adoption.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to identify business problems, as well as strategic and revenue generating opportunities.
- Passion for conceiving, designing, building, and shipping innovative products.
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership for the end-to-end product lifecycle with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development, launch and product adoption.
Background / Experience
- 5-10 years of product management experience, with at least 3-7 years in the online advertising industry space.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in a technical discipline and MBA preferred.
- Solid background and understanding of industry trends and the overall online advertising market ecosystem (e.g., agency, agency trading desks, DSPs, ad networks, exchanges, content developers/publishers, SSPs, audience/data providers).
- Experience in creating products for different ad units (e.g., brand display, performance display, video) and channels (guaranteed and non-guaranteed) for desktop, tablet, mobile platforms.
- Strong understanding and experience with integrating third party systems, including SSPs, DSPs, exchanges and audience data providers.
Interpersonal / Leadership Skills
- Exceptional client communication and interaction skills, including the ability to communicate with client technical and business teams to gather and validate requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with, and earn the respect of, Engineering, Account Management, Operations, Client Services, Sales, and User Experience design teams.
- Experience managing simultaneous projects and demonstrated team leadership abilities in a fast-paced environment.
Technical and analytical knowledge/skills
- Strong understanding of online advertising technologies (e.g., ad serving, RTB, ad tag management, audience/data management, etc.).
- Ability to use analytical tools to make informed, data-driven decision making.
- Basic understanding of SaaS product components and architecture.
Core Product Management Skills
- Proven ability to articulate business opportunities and customer needs into product requirements / user stories. Demonstrated skill in writing concise and clear definitions of prioritized features for the technical teams to implement. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take a balanced approach to solving problems by taking into consideration both business and technical opportunities and constraints.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with proven experience managing multiple projects to successful completion.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate conflicting objectives and create alignment across functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies is highly desired.
- Prior experience working with offshore development teams is highly desired.
Did you know?
Since our founding in 2006, PubMatic has consistently been first-to-market with industry-changing products, services and systems for publishers. Our products are supported by always-on consulting and services that reflect our belief in putting publishers' needs first.
Among the world's most respected online publishers, some of our clients include ebay, NBCnews, Hearst, Rodale, Martha Stewart, Toys R US, and the majority of the comScore Top 10.
- 2007: 1st to Market with Yield Optimization for Publishers across ad networks
- 2008: 1st to Market with Global Demand partner representation for Publishers
- 2009: 1st to Market with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) for Publishers
- 2010: 1st to Market with Data Theft prevention tools and dynamic Brand Protection tool suite
- 2011: 1st to Market with Unified Insights; blending guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels; Audience Data Analytics packaging segmented with real-time yield impact; Pixel Blocking for data theft protection; and RTB for Mobile ad units
- 2012: 1st to Market with Unified Revenue Optimization across guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels for every impression
- 2013: PubMatic announced we will open its mobile software development kit (SDK) for premium publishers to all app providers, establishing a new self-service solution for mobile monetization. Our mobile SDK is MRAID rich media-compliant and supports all ad sizes.
- 2014: PubMatic launches Video functionality providing the only Programmatic Solution to deliver advertising across Display, Mobile, and Tablet.
Every Ad. Every Sales Channel. Every Screen. One Platform. PubMatic.