This position will be responsible for all Systems Infrastructure & Data Centers within PubMatic. The IT Systems Administrator is the technical person on the team responsible for the plan, design, implementation & Support of SaaS/Cloud Systems Infrastructure and solutions for the organization. This position requires a combination of very strong technical competency across systems infrastructure & Service Source SaaS applications as well as the ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written, to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences. Key areas of responsibility would include:
- Leading the high-level system design and capacity planning for SaaS/Cloud infrastructure across development, QA, Staging and production environments.
- Developing lower-level implementation designs based on requirements from Infrastructure Engineer.
- Perform Systems & Data Center capacity planning across the SaaS/Cloud infrastructure – Systems, Storage, Applications, Data Center etc.
- Developing documentation artifacts such as build and run-books (operational procedures).
- Providing operational support to these SaaS/Cloud Infrastructure and systems on a day-to-day basis.
Additional responsibilities include mentoring of staff, actively seeking areas of infrastructure improvements, collection of data for capacity planning and providing input in long-term IT
- Serve as a Sr. Systems Engineer resource for new infrastructure deployment across Development, QA, Staging & Production environments & Data Center.
- Act as lead liaison with Infrastructure Engineering; convert design requirements into technical designs that can be implemented in infrastructure.
- Lead work with System Engineer to develop documentation standards for technical designs, Operational run-books.
- Develop prototypes and evaluations of new infrastructure builds in preparation to deployment.
- Verify technical accuracy and consistency of configuration changes made by other systems engineer’s staff during infrastructure build process.
- Lead in capacity planning, tuning, infrastructure planning in the datacenter and define standards for the infrastructure.
- Lead & manage migration of code into environments from development environment to other environments.
- Participate in planning and execution of maintenance windows as needed as an escalation resource.
- Play a leading role in capacity planning and optimization for infrastructure systems.
- Write change log, change control forms and knowledge base documents to improve operations and to contribute to development of process improvements.
- Responsible for day-to-day 24x7 management of all Development, Test, Stage, and Production service/application infrastructure in a growing and dynamic environment
- Lead & architect strategic initiatives to address Cloud architecture design, data center consolidations, DR/BC, data backup/restore and others.
- 5+ years of MUST HAVE SaaS/Cloud infrastructure operations on CentOS Linux experience.
- 5+ years of global Datacenter operations in Europe, Asia and Americas
- 6+ years administering UNIX/Linux (CentOS) operating system.
- 4+ years experience in systems monitoring administration/architecture UNIX/Linux is required.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and popular Internet services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administering and troubleshooting web servers including Apache.
- Knowledge of SSO, LDAP and virtual directory services
- Systems administration-level knowledge of DNS/BIND, AD, SMTP/Sendmail, NFS.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Visio diagramming tool) is required
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation is required
- Knowledge of Linux server/workstation, deployment, provisioning to production.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Experience working with engineering on application deployment to production.
The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity. High energy and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is also critical.
PubMatic enables publishers to realize the full potential of their digital assets. Since its founding in 2006, PubMatic has consistently been first-to-market with industry-changing products, services and systems for publishers. Our products are supported by always-on consulting and services that reflect our belief in putting publishers' needs first.
2007: 1st to Market with Yield Optimization for Publishers across ad networks
2008: 1st to Market with Global Demand partner representation for Publishers
2009: 1st to Market with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) for Publishers
2010: 1st to Market with Data Theft prevention tools and dynamic Brand Protection tool suite
2011: 1st to Market with Unified Insights; blending guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels; Audience Data Analytics packaging segmented with real-time yield impact; Pixel Blocking for data theft protection; and RTB for Mobile ad units
2012: 1st to Market with Unified Revenue Optimization across guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels for every impression
Every Ad. Every Sales Channel. Every Screen. One Platform. PubMatic.