Media Planner, Strategic Account Development
Location: New York, NY or Redwood City, CA
The Media Planner, Strategic Account Development PubMatic will be responsible for driving the successful pairing of media buyer’s campaign objectives to publisher advertising inventory and audience segments. This dynamic role is positioned to maximize the impact of advertising campaigns with a persistent focus on both demand partner and publisher client objectives.
The most successful candidates will combine creative thinking with factual analysis and data to develop appropriate strategies to ensure that campaigns achieve the desired results. They will also refer to market research and use mathematical/algorithmic formulas to determine the optimal execution plans to drive impact and return value on objectives for all partners. As the programmatic advertising landscape evolves, they will stay current with the hard trends and continue to make sure that partner advertisements appear where and when they’re going to achieve optimal return for the Advertiser and provide the highest value for the Publisher.
The position will require a sophisticated understanding of the media landscape, and varying business models of Demand partners and Publishers. Strong organizational and analytical skills, and project management are essential to the role, as this person will need to present persuasive arguments to support recommendations internally and externally. Those with experience as a Media Planner, Media Buyer, Media Analyst, Campaign Manager or Campaign Strategist could be good candidates.
• Actively monitor the opportunity matrix between Demand partners and Publisher inventory supply
• Identify and engage revenue performance tactics for partners
• Lead regular strategy meetings with Strategic Account Managers to review publisher needs and assign recommendations
• Actively collaborate with Marketing/Sales Development and Demand Sales Account Executives to create inventory packages
• Attend Publisher client meetings to inform and educate on monetization strategies
• Attend Demand partner meetings to upsell publisher inventory
• Build and monitor reporting to support revenue performance management
• Prepare and present revenue performance reports to clients and partners
• BA/BS required; MBA or equivalent preferred
• 2-4 years of recent work experience in online advertising and specifically display advertising.
• Flexibility and an ability and willingness to think strategically and act tactically
• Very strong analytical thinking abilities
• Very strong project management and organization skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to a C-level audience
• Desire and willingness to learn and work hard
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and under tight timelines
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
The candidate should have an understanding of the Online Advertising Industry, a passion for technology and the drive and ownership to work in a start-up environment. The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity. High energy and must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a deadline-oriented environment is also critical.
PubMatic enables publishers to realize the full potential of their digital assets. Since its founding in 2006, PubMatic has consistently been first-to-market with industry-changing products, services and systems for publishers. Our products are supported by always-on consulting and services that reflect our belief in putting publishers' needs first.
2007: 1st to Market with Yield Optimization for Publishers across ad networks
2008: 1st to Market with Global Demand partner representation for Publishers
2009: 1st to Market with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) for Publishers
2010: 1st to Market with Data Theft prevention tools and dynamic Brand Protection tool suite
2011: 1st to Market with Unified Insights; blending guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels; Audience Data Analytics packaging segmented with real-time yield impact; Pixel Blocking for data theft protection; and RTB for Mobile ad units
2012: 1st to Market with Unified Revenue Optimization across guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels for every impression
Every Ad. Every Sales Channel. Every Screen. One Platform. PubMatic.