We are looking for a Commercial Counsel with extensive contract drafting and negotiation experience. This role will report to the General Counsel.
- Review, draft and negotiate various contracts, including customer, vendor and business development contracts.
- Negotiate contracts that comply with company policies and risk tolerance.
- Advise business and finance colleagues on legal issues and risks.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form contracts and legal processes.
- Handle special projects upon request by senior management.
- JD from top law school
- Member of the New York bar
- Prior top-tier law firm experience (ideally in-house counsel experience but not required)
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience working with internet or technology companies (ideally ad tech companies but not required)
- Experience supporting business offices or segments outside the US, in particular the EU
- Ability to negotiate positively and proactively with internal and external customers
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and close transactions efficiently
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in all interactions with employees across the globe
- Ability to understand the company's business and anticipate issues that could arise in various settings and give practical legal advice
- Strong work ethic
PubMatic enables publishers to realize the full potential of their digital assets. Since its founding in 2006, PubMatic has consistently been first-to-market with industry-changing products, services and systems for publishers. Our products are supported by always-on consulting and services that reflect our belief in putting publishers' needs first.
Among the world's most respected online publishers, some of our clients include ebay, NBCnews, Hearst, Rodale, Martha Stewart, Toys R US, and the majority of the comScore Top 10.
2007: 1st to Market with Yield Optimization for Publishers across ad networks
2008: 1st to Market with Global Demand partner representation for Publishers
2009: 1st to Market with Real-Time Bidding (RTB) for Publishers
2010: 1st to Market with Data Theft prevention tools and dynamic Brand Protection tool suite
2011: 1st to Market with Unified Insights; blending guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels; Audience Data Analytics packaging segmented with real-time yield impact; Pixel Blocking for data theft protection; and RTB for Mobile ad units
2012: 1st to Market with Unified Revenue Optimization across guaranteed and non-guaranteed sales channels for every impression
Every Ad. Every Sales Channel. Every Screen. One Platform. PubMatic.