Prism Skylabs’ unique cloud service transforms any video camera into a visual merchandising, auditing, and business intelligence tool that can be accessed from any device. We extract data from video feeds and turn it into stunning imagery and insights to provide brick-and-mortar businesses in-store analytics to be successful in an increasingly digital world.
Our team hails from Stanford, Berkeley, NASA, and Google. We all share a deep commitment to exploring creative ways to collect, analyze and visualize one of the most interesting sources of information on the planet.
We are looking for a talented backend python SaaS developer who is excited to learn new skills, build teams, and pave our path forward.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Take ownership of significant subsections of Prism's python-based cloud service
- Work with Product to define, design, and deliver on new features
- Integrate with external data apis. Build internal and external-facing APIs for Prism.
- Bring a measure-twice-cut-once mentality to the team. Lead by example by designing and implementing clean best-practices maintainable python.
- python, the standard library, and django
- experience with one or more additional high-level web frameworks
- integration and design of SQL-based datastores, http REST API's
- DVCs (preferably git)
- Integration experience with an infrastructure-as-a-service provider (preferably AWS)
- *NIX development (preferably debian/ubuntu)
- teamwork: knowing when and how to ask and answer questions
- selfwork: ability to work independently and research answers
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- frontend web development (JS, HTML, CSS, AJAX)
- a strong open source presence (send us your profile links!)
- *NIX ninja. Can you write quicksort as a 4 line shell script?
Send your resume and anything else you think would help us get to know you and the great stuff you can do: links to github account, FOSS contributions, portfolios, or other online presence.