At Prezi, ideas matter. Prezi is the zooming presentation software that is fundamentally changing the way ideas are developed and shared. Prezi currently has over 20 million users worldwide and is growing at a rate of over a million users a month. Cash flow positive since its first year of operation, Prezi is backed by TED Conferences, Sunstone Capital, and Accel Partners, and has offices in Budapest and San Francisco.
Software Engineer on Growth Team
If you are excited about:
- Joining a team that focuses on the growth of the whole product
- Working in a small, cross functional team with other engineers, a designer, a copywriter, a data analyst, a marketing analyst and a product manager
- Creating applications
- Technology and design
- Working with big data
Then we think you would love to work at Prezi!
Challenges you will be working on:
- Exploring exciting relationships, patterns, answers in our enormous data set.
- Integrating our big data warehouse with external sales systems (Salesforce).
- Scaling online marketing systems (SEO, SEM, and email marketing, amongst others)
- Developing prototypes to validate growth initiatives (aka. data driven growth hacks).
- Playing an important role in evolving the web presence for Prezi as a product that helps people share ideas (responsive, high performance web development - we have 20 million users at the moment and growing fast).
We need help from a developer who possesses:
- Experience with Python and Django is an advantage
- Experience in big data environments (Hadoop) is a big plus
- The ability to design and write code while simultaneously using standards- based techniques and tools
- Knowledge of user experience and interaction is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering –equivalent work experience is acceptable
- Must demonstrate either significant personal or professional experience in software development
- Able to meet deadlines, work within an international environment, exchange knowledge with colleagues, and be up-to-date with new trends
- Ability to learn fast and pickup new things easily
- Analyze and solve programming tasks independently and pro-actively
- Critical thinking attitude
Why Prezi? Because you can:
- Work on a product that has over 20 million users today and is growing with great people from 22 countries.
- Learn exciting new programming technologies and platforms every month.
-Commit from day one.
- Have end-to-end responsibility and all the support that you need to make the best out of yourself.
- Visit our office in Budapest, Hungary for periods of time.
- Use our extended global professional network to exchange ideas and visit professional conferences all around the world.
- Work in a really cool office environment (or occasionally from home if you feel like).
- Be yourself - we are proud to be colorful!
- Buy stock options to become your own employer.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit package (health/dental/vision/life insurance, yearly budget for conferences and workshops, stock options).