PlayHaven is focused on providing tools to allow game developers to promote their games across different marketing mediums with the goal of attracting new players to their games and keeping them playing. PlayHaven offers developers a suite of services including internal cross-promotion, game rewards, interstitial ads, and more, all in a single platform. PlayHaven's mobile developer platform spans thousands of games, over 130+ million monthly unique users, and 2.5 billion monthly game sessions. Our customers include Cartoon Network, Digital Chocolate, Glu Mobile, Game Circus, Namco Bandai, NaturalMotion, Nickelodeon, Playtika and Sega, all leveraging PlayHaven's tools to increase the lifetime value of their games. PlayHaven is backed by e.ventures, GGVC and Tandem Entrepreneurs.
Currently PlayHaven is building a world class mobile analytics platform and is looking to expand it’s team of database engineers to working with the latest analytics technologies such as Vertica and RedShift. The database engineer will be responsible for developing and supporting PlayHaven’s strategic data warehouse and business intelligence platforms and will report directly to the Manager of Data Services.
- Develop and maintain scalable data warehouse and business intelligence platforms/infrastructure
- Provide operational support and monitoring for platforms including ETL, reporting, alerts, performance tuning and backups
- Evaluate new technologies and products
- Work closely with Product and Business teams to capture and/or develop new data points and metrics
- Write and maintain technical documents, including design, development, and revision documents.
- 3-4 years experience in business intelligence and database engineering
- Very strong SQL/ETL skills. Experience with any of Vertica, MySQL and Pentaho/Kettle a plus
- Experience designing and supporting data warehouses and business intelligence platforms.
- Experience with UNIX or GNU/Linux systems, programming experience in Java, PHP, Python, Perl a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or similar degree
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
What we offer:
- Free lunches every day and plenty of snacks
- Competitive salaries and awesome medical, dental and vision benefits plus a 401(k)
- Unlimited vacation (and we require a minimum of 2 weeks!)
- Epic ping pong and FIFA battles
- A transparent work environment
- A developer community that inspires and works with you to change mobile gaming