DevOps Engineer at ParkMe in Santa Monica, CA
With an installed base of millions, ParkMe helps drivers all over the world find the perfect parking spot. ParkMe works with major navigation, automotive, mapping, and mobile application distribution partners as a global leader in delivering this information to end-consumers. We are looking for a handful of brilliant and flexible people to join our mission as we continue building an awesome product that is helping lower the stress of people all over the world.
- Support the Python + MongoDB + PostgreSQL system on AWS
- Linux administration
- Work on backend challenges such as pinpointing memory leaks, managing high-volume messaging queues, and improving database performance
- Be responsible for managing custom software deployment to cloud-based and/or internal environments
- Monitor development and production environments for performance, stability, and cost
- Creation of dashboards via tools such as Nagios to support environment monitoring
- Automation of uptime monitoring and API availability
- Maintenance of images and backups of custom applications, as well as disaster recovery for cloud deployments
- Capacity planning and monitoring
- Significant comfort working at the Linux command line
- Demonstrable experience deploying and monitoring servers
- Solid scripting capabilities using a language such as Bash or Python
Ideal Candidate should also have:
- Comfortable with databases (PostgreSQL, Mongo, etc.)
- Experience working with EC2 instances on AWS
- Time spent using monitoring frameworks such as Nagios or Sentry
- Interest in automation of "the boring stuff"
This is a full-time permanent position with highly competitive salary, generous medical benefits, and stock options. Work with a fun-loving team on a disruptive product that is changing the parking industry. Brand new office centrally located blocks from the beach in sunny Santa Monica. Tons of opportunities to grow.
Send an email titled "DevOps Engineer" that contains your resume and cover letter to [[redacted]]. In the cover letter tell us a little about yourself and briefly answer the following questions:
- What do you think about ParkMe and product? How would you make the product better?
- How would you rank yourself on the following categories (1-10)?
- Shell Scripting (Bash)
- Progamming Languages (Python)
- Linux Adminstration
- SQL (Postgresql)
- Monitoring (Nagios)
- Cloud Management (AWS)
- For the above categories what additional skills would you like to acquire in order to make yourself a 10?