Optimizely is already the #1 A/B testing product, but we’re just getting started. We’re building the world’s most ambitious website optimization platform by empowering our 7,000+ customers to turn data into action..
We’re looking for a Product Analyst who can lead the way by making sense of our own massive datasets. You’ll be our rocket ship’s navigation system, using your deep knowledge of the data and rigorous analysis to guide business and product strategy. Your insights will directly inform feature priorities, ensuring that our amazing team works on the most impactful initiatives and Optimizely continues to grow by leaps and bounds.
The perfect candidate will have a background in analytics, experience working with large data stores, and a solid understanding of how great software is built. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and creative. Most importantly, you’ve demonstrated success in turning messy data into actionable insights.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and visualization to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core products
- Combine data from distinct sources like customer acquisition, product usage, sales, and marketing
- Partner with engineering, product, and design teams to solve problems, identify trends and opportunities, and execute product decisions
- Pick the right metrics, or invent your own, to measure the success of our products
- Answer the questions we haven’t even gotten around to asking yet
- 2+ years doing quantitative analysis, preferably for an online services company
- Bachelors or Masters in a technical/quantitative field
- Fluency in SQL and at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience crunching large datasets with tools like Hadoop and Hive
- Mastery of Excel or a similar analysis and presentation workhorse
- Ability to start projects with minimal guidance and communicate findings clearly
- Great product and technology instincts -- you know how great web applications are made
- Free city-wide Gym membership at any Crunch Fitness.
- Free Clipper Card to pay for your commute from anywhere in the bay area.
- Catered in-office lunch and dinner on weekdays.
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay and deductible. HMO, PPO, and HSA options available.
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics.
- Full vision coverage including contacts.
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, and vision.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- 401k benefit.
- Top-of-the-line MacBook Pro or MacBook Air and 27" monitor.
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!