The Director of IT will have overall responsibility for all aspects of Optimizely’s internal technology function. The Director of IT will lead internal technology initiatives including the strategic planning, development, and implementation of the organization’s hardware and software systems that support the business, as well as support the customer-facing technology organization where necessary. This individual will also be responsible for the governance of information technology and the coordination of technical solutions between all departments and the IT organization.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, milestone driven, have a broad technical background and will be a strong leader and builder of high-performing teams employing best-in-class methodologies. This executive will have grown through successively larger assignments in building and managing IT infrastructure for fast-growing companies and will have expertise in proactively creating/managing processes and implementing new technologies and systems, while balancing the impact on people and the overall organization.
This position is located in our San Francisco, CA, headquarters and reports to the Vice President of Engineering.
Optimizely is a website optimization platform. We help businesses show the right content to the right people at the right time.
- Our first product makes A/B Testing easy. In < 4 years we’ve grown to become #1 in the category with 6,500+ paying customers including Disney and Salesforce.com.
- We've raised over $88 million to grow internationally and open offices around the world and we were just named the #1 Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times in the mid-sized business category.
- Join us in our mission to empower businesses to make better data-driven decisions.
- Responsible for all internal infrastructure including: telephony, disaster recovery, preventive maintenance, local and wide area networks, servers and hardware, IT security, storage, and Internet access
- Lead the organization in identifying and implementing systems, software technology and tools, and ensuring effective upgrades with no compromise to service, while ensuring security and improving quality of the user experience
- Establish a culture of customer focus and delivering excellence, including setting and delivering against key SLAs to measure and improve service performance metrics
- Define and implement appropriate IT security measures, including development of policies, processes and subsequent evidence in support of the Company’s security compliance initiatives
- 10+ years of experience in information technology, preferably with rapidly scaling companies that have significant web and global infrastructure environment, with a proven track record of building and managing high-performing teams. Experience with enterprise SaaS or subscription business strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate across organization to optimize outcomes
- 5+ years negotiating and developing partnerships with external vendors/ suppliers. Expertise managing outsourcing services agreement including design and tracking of Service Level Agreements (SLAs); experience developing and tracking IT metrics.
- 5+ years of leading very large mission critical projects that involve significant business and technology change
- Strong knowledge of business case development including cost/benefit analysis, NPV, current and future state assessment
- Broad current knowledge of business technology applications, current trends in IT, and experience evaluating/implementing outsourced solutions and service providers