Nixle's web-based communications products are "Building Safer Communities" all across America. With over 6,800 public safety agencies currently using Nixle to notify the public via text, email, and voice messages, we are literally saving lives and catching bad guys. Sure that sounds a little cheesy, but what we do makes a difference in people's lives and that makes getting up and going to work enjoyable, each and every day.
Founded in 2007, and headquartered in San Francisco, Nixle provides a cloud based mass notification service that enables effective communication and collaboration between more than 6,800 public safety agencies, their school districts, and the communities they serve. Nixle’s secure platform of text message, email, smart phone app, and voice notifications allow public safety agencies to share relevant information quickly and effectively. Additionally, Nixle helps mobilize those communities to take an active role in public safety through anonymous, real time, two-way notification via text messages.
- Involved in all aspects of building and maintaining the production infrastructure and service
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Help drive the capacity planning process
- Help develop and maintain processes, tools, and documentation in support of production
- Participation in on-call rotation
- 5+ years working in high availability production systems/infrastructure
- production experience using linux, ideally Red Hat or CentOS
- Strong knowledge of MySQL replication and failover implementation as well as debugging production problems
- Planning and deploying complex high-availability networks involving multiple firewalls, VPNs, routers, hardware load balancers and intrusion prevention hardware. Expertise with Cisco and F5 hardware a big plus.
- Expertise configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Apache Web Servers and modules in a high-traffic environment.
- Expertise with TCP/IP, SNMP, DNS, subversion, DHCP and Nagios
- Proficiency with Cacti, PXE, IPMI, Subversion, git, Power MTA
- Expertise in deploying and maintaining virtualized Linux environments
- Strong knowledge of Linux shell scripting
- Serve primary on-call resource for system issues 24/7
- This role requires 5% travel (servers are in Scottsdale, AZ)
- Pragmatic problem solver with eye toward long term solutions
- Experience deploying and maintaining Trac a plus
- Experience with Python and Django a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services such as EC2, S3
- Flexible hours
- Fresh fruit / snacks
- Competitive salary