Home Page Editor
New York, NY | Editorial/Content
In February 2011 the revered, 80 year old Newsweek and the thriving young IAC-founded news and current affairs site – The Daily Beast – joined forces, bringing together the 24/7 warp speed of the Web with the depth, analysis, and investigative power of one of the standard bearers of great American journalism. The combined operation now regularly attracts over 18 million unique online visitors a month and the magazine reaches millions more through its tablet and international editions. Tina Brown, former editor of Tatler, Vanity Fair, the New Yorker and Talk, host of CNBC’s ‘Topic A’ and author of the NY Times best-seller The Diana Chronicles serves as editor in chief of both publications.
- Winner of the 2012 Webby Award for Best News Site.
- Active social media community of over 3.2 million.
- The Daily Beast regularly attracts over 18 million unique visitors a month and 92 million page views
Home Page Editor
- Maintain website homepage and post content into the CMS
- Update “Breaking News” section of site and observe trends in traffic figures
- Assist with daily production of site, including headline writing that aggregate multiple viewpoints around key stories
- Write original stories after conducting interviews
- Summarize newsworthy events from a variety of different sectors and industries
- Help manage original content for the site, including conceiving of story ideas and working with writers
- Assists with organizing daily news schedule or “line up”
- Copy-edit own work and that of others
- 1+ year of experience in journalism
- Ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Intimate familiarity with online media and blogs
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Extremely detail oriented