MyFitnessPal is looking for a passionate and experienced Ruby on Rails developer with hands-on, deep experience building scalable web services and applications.
As a member of the team at MyFitnessPal, you will...
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of MyFitnessPal's systems
- Provide guidance on Ruby and Rails best practices
- Work closely with other engineers within your group and across the entire engineering organization.
- Diagnose, and troubleshoot problems
We are looking for someone that...
- Has a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Has hands-on experience building scalable web services and applications
- Has mastered Ruby.
- Knows Ruby on Rails inside out and actively follow the Rails community.
- Has an understanding of good software development practices/patterns/architecture
- Enjoys to work as part of a team.
- Picks up new things quickly.
- Writes clean, elegant, readable and well-documented code.
MyFitnessPal helps more than 40 million people stay healthier and happier. With a database of more than 3 million foods and hundreds of exercises, top fitness technology partners, community support, insights, and seamless access to your personal health information across all major platforms, MyFitnessPal is the leading free resource for achieving and maintaining health goals.
We believe that small, self-motivated, and empowered teams can achieve great things. We're empowered and expected to be ourselves, share our ideas and figure out what we can each do to keep MyFitnessPal evolving. You'll get to work with some of the brightest people you've ever met - but you'll also be challenged to be one of those people. We have full company-paid benefits, including family and domestic partner benefits, humane working hours, and flexible work schedules.
We're located at 2nd and Bryant in San Francisco, near South Park, walking distance to BART, Muni, and Caltrain.
If you're interested in joining the team at MyFitnessPal, please include:
- a cover letter telling us what inspires you about MyFitnessPal and why you think you are perfect for the team.
- your resume
We look forward to hearing from you!