MyFitnessPal is looking for extraordinary engineers who want to improve and scale the fast growing MyFitnessPal API platform. Our existing APIs enable third-party developers to create great health and fitness apps, devices, and services that help our mutual users reach their goals. We're aspiring to make those APIs even better as well as strengthen the foundation for our mobile and internal applications.
As a member of the API team at MyFitnessPal, you will...
- Build and maintain low latency high performance scalable systems
- Design and implement new APIs
- Work closely with other engineers within your group and across the entire engineering organization.
- Rapidly iterate on product and platform features
For the API team we are looking for someone that...
- Has a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Has a strong algorithms and data structures background.
- Has experience handling web applications at scale and ideally some of those are large social networks.
- Has an understanding of good software development practices/patterns/architecture
- Has mastered at least one programming language and ideally has some experience in Ruby.
- Enjoys to work as part of a team.
- Picks up new things quickly.
- Writes clean, elegant, readable and well-documented code.
MyFitnessPal helps more than 40 million people stay healthier and happier. With a database of more than 3 million foods and hundreds of exercises, top fitness technology partners, community support, insights, and seamless access to your personal health information across all major platforms, MyFitnessPal is the leading free resource for achieving and maintaining health goals.
We believe that small, self-motivated, and empowered teams can achieve great things. We're empowered and expected to be ourselves, share our ideas and figure out what we can each do to keep MyFitnessPal evolving. You'll get to work with some of the brightest people you've ever met - but you'll also be challenged to be one of those people. We have full company-paid benefits, including family and domestic partner benefits, humane working hours, and flexible work schedules.
We're located at 2nd and Bryant in San Francisco, near South Park, walking distance to BART, Muni, and Caltrain.
If you're interested in joining the team at MyFitnessPal, please send a cover letter along with your resume telling us what inspires you about MyFitnessPal and why you think you are perfect for the team. We look forward to hearing from you!